COQ | Match Thread: Canada U24 vs Honduras U24 | March 25 @ 10:00pm Eastern 7:00pm Pacific

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

It’s just too bad we have to try and qualify with a team that isn’t nearly as strong as the one we might field in the actual Olympics.  Davies? David? Corbeanu? Fraser? Nelson?  That is a team that anyone should be nervous about facing.  

Davies and David were never going to be available.  We have always known that.   Other teams are also missing players.  

3 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Has Bair literally done anything in this tournament?

Its always easy to look at one person.   But other than 2-3 players,   nobody has really stood out for me.

They are constanly foulding TB.  So they have to believe he is the only guy who can cause them problems.

Edited by Free kick

Just now, Free kick said:

Davies and David were never going to be available.  We have always known that.   Other teams are also missing players.  

I know that - but it is conceivable that they would play in the Olympic Games.  I am just lamenting the fact that we are fielding such a weakened team.  If we fail to qualify, it will be in part because of the absences.  

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

I know that - but it is conceivable that they would play in the Olympic Games.  I am just lamenting the fact that we are fielding such a weakened team.  If we fail to qualify, it will be in part because of the absences.  

honest question, do any countries actually field their A team in this tourney?

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

If you look at best U24 vs. best U24 regardless of situation, we are at least 3rd in the region.  Davies, David, Millar, Johnston, St. Clair, Miller....