COQ | Match Thread: Canada U24 vs Honduras U24 | March 25 @ 10:00pm Eastern 7:00pm Pacific

2 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Meh.

If this is what turns him towards Portugal, then he was never really going to stay anyway.

Playing for your country is a calling.  It supersedes dumb coaches.  It supersedes terrible game plans.  If this is what changes your mind about playing for your country, then your heart was never in it in the first place.  And I don't want players whose hearts aren't in it.

I 100% disagree.

1 minute ago, Floortom said:

This team has been as mediocre as I expected them to be when I saw the roster. I don’t understand why expectations were so high here. The talent nor creativity isn’t there. 5 points in the group stage was as much as I expected tbh. 

There were no expectation from me.  I have always been consistent in regard to th OQ tourny.  But once its starts it easy to get caught up and be hopefull

Edited by Free kick

1 minute ago, Floortom said:

This team has been as mediocre as I expected them to be when I saw the roster. I don’t understand why expectations were so high here. The talent nor creativity isn’t there. 5 points in the group stage was as much as I expected tbh. 

If we would have played like trash the first game it wouldn't have been so bad. We weren't perfect but Buchanan scoring a quick 2 goals and the rest of the offensive squad being involved it really set my expectations and i'm assuming others a lot higher than before the tournament 

7 minutes ago, An Observer said:

He is the other guy whose stock has gone down. For me, ZBG hasn’t gone down at least not a lot but certainly hasn’t gone up

Yeah after watching a lot of ZBG with Montreal and Canada, I can't say I'm too high on him

He's never the reason they lost, but never really the reason they won either. He's just very mechanical out there

Edited by Chad_Impact

Honestly, you would think we lost 5-0 with some of the comments. Yes, we were outplayed but how many players were we missing? 10? 15? I think there were 9 from TFC alone plus what 8 who were with the national team plus David?  I think considering all that and the fact most players are out of season, I think we have done well