COQ | Match Thread: Canada U24 vs Honduras U24 | March 25 @ 10:00pm Eastern 7:00pm Pacific

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

I have to be honest - I don’t like our odds in this one.  We seem to be a step slower - and we can only defend for so long.   I may feel differently if the TFC guys were in the squad but I am just not sure we have the required quality all across the park.  We should advance but Mexico will be ridiculously hard.  

Agreed. This team is just not good enough.

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

I have to be honest - I don’t like our odds in this one.  We seem to be a step slower - and we can only defend for so long.   I may feel differently if the TFC guys were in the squad but I am just not sure we have the required quality all across the park.  We should advance but Mexico will be ridiculously hard.  

You are likely right but I'm going to keep the faith .... It still looks very possible we can poach a goal. 

3 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

Agreed. This team is just not good enough.

Depends on what you mean by this.  Is this team good enough to beat Mexico in Mexico?  That's a tough one.  Is this team good enough to compete with Honduras?  Sure.  We're not getting played off the park. 

Its a far cry from the 90 minutes we just saw against Bermuda, but this was always going to be the toughest game.  I think Biello and company went too defensive for this game.  I don't quite understand that.  But otherwise it is pretty even.

What position is Bassong meant to be playing - auxiliary/supplementary left back? Whatever it is, he's out of position and finding it hard to get involved although some nice tackles at the end.

I think we have to give up 3 goals while scoring none in the 2nd half to fail to qualify for the next round.