Alistair Johnston

lazlo_80

2 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

Revs commentators really talking up CF especially Johnston, Miller and the Canadian internationals. Not used to Americans being so gracious...with anything lol😉

I get the sense that Hamilton has gotten at least an healthy degree of respect for the CMNT in the American soccer world. Add to that how well they are doing with MTL right now and one can't argue with the results :P

6 minutes ago, Joe1973 said:

He's an absolute gem and the sports media here overall have no idea what they have in front of them. 

Jimmy Bullard, former Premier League footballer, was just on a reality cooking show my wife and I watch.  Johnston reminds me of him, just look like they enjoy life and their enjoyment is infectious if you get to watch them.

Watch Bullard do one Premier League media stock video with his shorts pulled up to his nipples, if you want a bit of a chuckle. 

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Jimmy Bullard, former Premier League footballer, was just on a reality cooking show my wife and I watch.  Johnston reminds me of him, just look like they enjoy life and their enjoyment is infectious if you get to watch them.

Watch Bullard do one Premier League media stock video with his shorts pulled up to his nipples, if you want a bit of a chuckle. 

Bullard was a firecracker. Loved watching him, and fully agreed. He's a funny guy. Remember him for Fulham when Stalteri / Radz were there. 

5 hours ago, Cadeau said:

I really think Alistair will be the one who's stock will rise the most in Qatar. And what a communicator! CanMNT captain, Coach or media he's capable to do it all in the future.

Crazy to think just 3~ years ago he was being sent off in the Canadian championship against Halifax. I never would have thought that player would rise to these heights. 

26 minutes ago, Joe1973 said:

Not critical...I just find that he should be a bigger mainstream celebrity than what is actually the case right now. Speaks both languages, charismatic, easy interview, etc...

This is just pure speculation, but I think it has to do with him not having played in Europe and the league being MLS. Think of the big media parade when Drogba - or even Nesta / Di Vaio for that matter - came to town.

You and I know CF Montreal currently has great players who can play for good European sides, but it's difficult to get that across to the average person because CF is limited to North American competition.

But for Johnston and Miller, that should change over the next few months. I think the mainstream will take more notice. 

21 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

This is just pure speculation, but I think it has to do with him not having played in Europe and the league being MLS. Think of the big media parade when Drogba - or even Nesta / Di Vaio for that matter - came to town.

You and I know CF Montreal currently has great players who can play for good European sides, but it's difficult to get that across to the average person because CF is limited to North American competition.

But for Johnston and Miller, that should change over the next few months. I think the mainstream will take more notice. 

We need our player agents and agencies to step up big. Seems we're growing fast in some places and a bit too slowly in others.