Pacific FC - 2020 Season Thread

ted

the myth of young unknown players still alive lol..chung baldisimo verhoeven campbell had usl experience..more pro experience than a lot of older players in the league and the team probably had more pro experience than some other teams..should have done better last year and should be playing for top spots this year

5 hours ago, ted said:

Who said anything about "unknown"? These players were and are "young" both in age and in experience.

And yes, they should have done better last year and should be in the race for the title this year

I liked the model last year, it was bold. Fans even forgave it, understand what they were doing. I hope they build on most of it, especially with the youth. But you need the veterans to be the ones who really give you results, you can't ask teens to be doing that. Last year we had injuries, and then some positional problems, and overreliance on the kids hurt us in too many games. That is not even fair to the young ones, let the veterans carry the weight and the kids develop and shine when they can.

2 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

This is a good move for everyone.  Irving needs to play.  He is still young (in keeeper years) and really has only had 2 full pro seasons.  If he is going to progress it has to be now and he should get every opportunity to shine.  

Agreed. He has a shot to be this year's Carducci.

14 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Are there any plans to bring in some young players?  By my count they have just 2 U21 players whereas they had about half a team starting week in and out last year. 

And 6 more that are 21 or 22. That’s half the roster that are U23. They kept their young core from last year. They’re just a year older.

It’ll be interesting to see what they do when half the team ages out in the same season. What is the cutoff for this year?

Edited by Aird25

10 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Are there any plans to bring in some young players?  By my count they have just 2 U21 players whereas they had about half a team starting week in and out last year.  

Is Haber coming back?  Would seem to be a waste.

They still have a few roster spots open and only need to add one U21 player. I would imagine they would probably add a U21 player from the island

7 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

And 6 more that are 21 or 22. That’s half the roster that are U23. They kept their young core from last year. They’re just a year older.

It’ll be interesting to see what they do when half the team ages out in the same season. What is the cutoff for this year?

1999 born - so they just have Verhoeven and Hojabprour. 

2 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Not to diminish Carducci's season, but even if Irving replicated what he did last season, I'm not sure you could call it a breakout season. He's already had solid seasons, and he's been called into the national team and played in the past

Agreed. Based on his past seasons, Irving is arguably a top 3 keeper in the league already imo

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Is Haber coming back?  Would seem to be a waste.

I bet they bring Baldisimo or Simon Colyn in on loan from the Whitecaps

A couple of the kids I teach are training with PFC's junior group, and they have said that Haber is not training, but that Fisk is.  For what it's worth.  I wonder if, in Fisk's case, they have committed to re-signing him, but are just waiting to see who else they sign before they commit to a salary number.  Otherwise, you would think that he would have signed elsewhere by now.

12 minutes ago, shorty said:

A couple of the kids I teach are training with PFC's junior group, and they have said that Haber is not training, but that Fisk is.  For what it's worth.  I wonder if, in Fisk's case, they have committed to re-signing him, but are just waiting to see who else they sign before they commit to a salary number.  Otherwise, you would think that he would have signed elsewhere by now.

Thanks for that, great tip. Where do they train, out in Langford?

I was just going to ask about Haber. He has not picked up a contract in the winter window in Europe, so I was curious why folks are so sure he won't re-sign.