Pacific FC - 2020 Season Thread

ted

On 1/2/2020 at 8:23 AM, ted said:

The plans that have been referenced before in this thread have not been cancelled AFAIK. We are still expecting the lines to be moved underground before next season.

Underground? Then what they should do is leave the pole up. With nothing on it. Build the stands around it. That would be an iconic statement, people would come to games just to see the pole.

Just now, Winnipeg Fury said:

Bustos to Pacific rumour ??

According to Larson, an offer has been made, but no word officially yet.

Bustos would be a great addition to the squad, and I'm optimistic we'll see Pacific competing at the top of the table if this ends up being true.

25 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

When we talk about top paid player, what are we thinking of? 75k?

Probably close..but Pacific had so many young kids that would have been on the lower end of the pay scale.  Maybe they had room to  pay Haber and Dejong more than 75.  But you would have to have most of the roster making 20-30g to have room for a few at 75-100g guys.   If the cap is in the 750-1mil range.  So many ifs and buts.....

Are you being serious on Haber? Some of the comments about him from Falkirk fans on Scottish messageboards around this time last year had to be seen to be believed. It's what people can do in the here and now that matters not name recognition based on stuff that happened several seasons ago. 

Pacific made a big mistake building a team around Marcus Haber. I would have seriously considered dispensing with the services of the brain trust that made that decision if I were calling the shots there rather than the Danish guy, who seemed to be doing a reasonable job with the younger guys.

If I were in Winnipeg I'd be asking whether the midsummer Galan and Paolucci (sp?) signings limited the room for manouevre on giving pay rises to players like Bustos and Petrasso for this season.