Pacific FC - 2020 Season Thread

ted

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Does Pacific still have international spots? 

Asking for an odd reason, I'd explain if they do. Anyone go to check out who's training with them? 

Yes. I imagine Diaz is the only one on the squad considered an international. Possibly Blasco, but he's been in BC for 6/7 years now

• 2 weeks later...

Spanish sources say Jan Pirretas Glassmacher, the U-Draft player from Thompson River University, is on the roster. At least he appears as a Spaniard in CPL on the reliable migrantesdelbalon.com database, run by Martín Manchon, a journalist for AS who I have been in touch with. 

I wonder if this is the player who was on my flight from Frankfurt to Vancouver on July 12. He looks like him. If so, he is just out of self-isolation and if he is training with them could be included as a signing soon.

Pirretas (first surname should be the main one for Spanish names) is a Spanish-German who played for Cornellà youth, one of the top academies in Barcelona, also was with Blackburn Rovers u-18, has received international calls from the German system. Played for the Saskatchewan Selects in last summer's tournament.

Wasn't Gardner and Jan Pirretas Glassmacher, supposed to sign? I would be weird if the latter is on the roster but then he's not announced and they said the head signing completes everything.

Then again they legit had Alghamdi play a game and then a day later announce he was signed.

Edited by VinceA

21 minutes ago, Zem said:

Campbell wears #14, the previous #11 was Issey

Sorry, I was suggesting that signing an experienced striker like Heard seemed to be cover for that position. Yes, Haber is no longer here, and Issey seems to not be included in the new mix. But I am just wondering who might go on loan. Terran would be a logical choice, and signing Heard would possibly compensate that.

29 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Sorry, I was suggesting that signing an experienced striker like Heard seemed to be cover for that position. Yes, Haber is no longer here, and Issey seems to not be included in the new mix. But I am just wondering who might go on loan. Terran would be a logical choice, and signing Heard would possibly compensate that.

Logical if that didn't leave them with one striker that is completely unproven in this league (said with tongue in cheek as most of the league unproven in this league lol). I don't think they can afford to lose Campbell. I would say Jan Pirretas Glassmacher could be a good bet but he isn't in the 20 is he? Chung is another, especially with them having signed Haynes. 

46 minutes ago, Big_M said:

would be interesting to know if nakajima has retired from the pro game to give him a proper goodbye

I've been chatting with him here and there on IG over the pandemic. A very nice and fascinating guy.

I suspect from what I know that he is done and looking towards next chapter in his life.

He is visiting his brother Paris in Tokyo atm but says he will be back and forth between Canada and Spain, fwiw, so maybe there would be a chance to hold a thank you event in his honour.

12 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Heard isn’t really a striker. He’s played mostly as a winger. It’ll be interesting to see who gets loaned though, and if it happens before the season 

If Pacific FC goes with 19 players, three keepers, that gives them 5 field player subs. Are we playing the new rules with 5 subs in this tournament? If so, that is very thin, they really should have a bit more coverage in that roster. One injury or red leaves them without enough players to do a full set of changes. 

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

If Pacific FC goes with 19 players, three keepers, that gives them 5 field player subs. Are we playing the new rules with 5 subs in this tournament? If so, that is very thin, they really should have a bit more coverage in that roster. One injury or red leaves them without enough players to do a full set of changes. 

Didn't they learn their lesson from last season? Last year all three of their name players, Haber, Issey and De Jong ended up injured leaving them with a thin squad. Fortunately their young squad replacements performed better than expected.