Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

22 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I read somewhere that Bell and Rogers have an option to buy out Tenenbaum's stake in MLSE by the end of this year or next. Which would mean even less connection to TFC

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Same group that is bringing a WNBA team to Toronto 

I still love that they are bringing a WNBA team to Toronto through that ownership group so to see them get into TFC ownership...I wouldn't mind that personally 

25 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Could you tell us more, I had not hear this at all, nor understand the details. 

Great team to have if it is the case.

I don't know much more other than what I posted and what has been added by others. It just sounds like Larry is divesting his shares in MLSE, and giving it a go on his own with this purchase and the WNBA so far. I do agree though, would be cool to own St. Etienne.

12 minutes ago, Ivan said:

I don't know much more other than what I posted and what has been added by others. It just sounds like Larry is divesting his shares in MLSE, and giving it a go on his own with this purchase and the WNBA so far. I do agree though, would be cool to own St. Etienne.

Turns out our women are playing in that stadium at the Olympics this summer. 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Could you tell us more, I had not hear this at all, nor understand the details. 

Great team to have if it is the 

The story is Kilmer sports have entered an exclusive negotiation to buy the team

31 minutes ago, narduch said:

The story is Kilmer sports have entered an exclusive negotiation to buy the team

I was reading more about them, about their sports director Ivan Gazidis, they seem well positioned to run football clubs. Then Saint Etienne is a storied club, in an area where they could thrive, and they have a nice traditional feel stadium. Smart choice. 

47 minutes ago, Macksam said:

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2023/saint-etienne-majority-shareholders-ready-to-sell-the-club/

"Caïazzo and Romeyer once dreamed of selling Saint Étienne for €100m, following the sale of Nice to INEOS, but a price of €20m – €25m now looks more likely."

Seems like a bargain but not sure how reliable this tabloid is. 

Guessing the price went down when they relegated?