Admin

Have you joined OneSoccer yet?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Have you joined OneSoccer yet?

• Yes
    • Of Course

1 hour ago, Ivan said:

Is that good?

It's ranked #16 amongst sports apps in iTunes. Given you needed the app to attend the Forge match ( I assume it was also the case for PFC and soon others), the numbers should be higher. 

Edited by red card

20 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Can anyone a bit more tech savvy advise how I might be able to stream directly from my Samsung smart tv? I’ve tried using the built in web browser but just get a blank white page for One soccer. I know the tv has apps on it, but is there currently an app that is compatible?

Get a Chromecast (A bit over $100 I think). Plug it into the HDMI slot in the back. Play OneSoccer on a chrome browser on any computer. On the top right there is a chromecast button to cast what is in the browser, click that and it should cast to the screen. Hit fullscreen. Voila! Once the Android app has Chromecast you should be able to do it from your phone.

Edited by Ruffian

5 hours ago, zeelaw said:

What on earth is up with the 20 minute highlight packages and the same replay of a goal 8 different times in slow motion.

Maybe because they're Spanish, they're following what a lot of Euro broadcasts do. If you watch world feeds of hockey tournaments or FIFA youth tourneys, most of the half time and post match highlights are filled with 3-5 replays of the same goal/missed chance from differing angles with no commentary. 

It can be hypnotic watching a goal 3-5 times with only the background sounds.

Edited by red card

The one thing I don't like is on replays that they start the video showing who is refereeing so you don't see the starting XI for the home team. I don't think that adding the extra 10-15 seconds to show it would be that hard to do.

Edited by Blackdude

2 hours ago, red card said:

Given you needed the app to attend the Forge match ( I assume it was also the case for PFC and soon others)...

Huh?!? Since when?

We are talking about the OneSoccer app for watching video. That is separate from the Centre Circle App which I didn't need on Sunday for the PFC match BTW. We got our seasons ticket as a plastic card on a  lanyard with a barcode. We only need the app to transfer tickets.

5 hours ago, Ruffian said:

Get a Chromecast (A bit over $100 I think). Plug it into the HDMI slot in the back. Play OneSoccer on a chrome browser on any computer. On the top right there is a chromecast button to cast what is in the browser, click that and it should cast to the screen. Hit fullscreen. Voila! Once the Android app has Chromecast you should be able to do it from your phone.

Thanks, like GCRO I was hoping to be able to watch directly on my Smart TV. Subscribed for the 1 year and watched on my PC and downloaded the app on my Samsung phone and it worked perfectly on both. ( I was charged the right price too)

49 minutes ago, johnyb said:

Thanks, like GCRO I was hoping to be able to watch directly on my Smart TV. Subscribed for the 1 year and watched on my PC and downloaded the app on my Samsung phone and it worked perfectly on both. ( I was charged the right price too)

You can use your TV internet browser if you want it playing directly from your TV

For ANDROID USERS that Have a Chromecast dongle:

1 install One Soccer app

2 install Google Home app

Make sure you are signed into both

3 Open Google Home, click account, then Mirror Device followed by CastScreen/Audio( make sure both phone/tablet and Chromecast device as On SAME WiFi Network )

It will mirror your phone/tablet on the TV. You will be able to watch games on full screen on your TV.

https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/google-chromecast-charcoal-grey/13021720

But honestly if the CPL and OneSoccer are on the ball they will include a CAST Feature in the next update for the app. So any new Smart TV nowadays has a casting feature built into it so there won't be a need to a dongle just straight from tablet/phone onto TV. Spend the 25k redesigning the app and you done.

Edited by fannorth

OneSoccer App is lacking what??

1- Casting Feature

2 - Download Feature( some people want to download a game to watch on the go)

3 - Better sorting system as to how the games/highlights are all shown. To me it looks like garbage now honestly. They should simply divide it by Week 1 Play maybe or something similar.

You click Week 1 and you have 2-3 games that were played showing. Click on the game that interests you and then it's subdivided further.

Week 1

ForgeFC vs York9 -->

- game highlights

- pre/post games interviews/show

- 1st half

- 2nd half

Pacific FC vs HFX Wanderers -->

- game highlights

- pre/post games interviews/show

- 1st half

- 2nd half

ALL highlights should be kept to a similar formula say 90-120seconds

Similar you want to have a condensed version of the game. Sure make it a "standard" 30min(or 24min plus commercials for TV purposes) Don't screw around each game with a different amount of time.

Anyway my 2cents....

So I registered on Saturday, to watch Sundays game. 

For whatever reason, my credit card wasn't being processed, which on Saturday wasn't necessary to watch but Sunday was. 

I contacted them, based on reviews here saying they get back pretty soon. I did receive a message, however it was 5 hours later and after the game. 

I was checking my bank account today, and noticed that my account was charged by OneSoccer on Monday, when it should be a free month free. 

Not impressed. 

Edited by Shway

46 minutes ago, Shway said:

So I registered on Saturday, to watch Sundays game. 

For whatever reason, my credit card wasn't being processed, which on Saturday wasn't necessary to watch but Sunday was. 

I contacted them, based on reviews here saying they get back pretty soon. I did receive a message, however it was 5 hours later and after the game. 

I was checking my bank account today, and noticed that my account was charged by OneSoccer on Monday, when it should be a free month free. 

Not impressed. 

Was it charged the full amount? My credit card was charged something like $0.10, which I assume was required for the verification.

5 hours ago, jonovision said:

Was it charged the full amount? My credit card was charged something like $0.10, which I assume was required for the verification.

Nope. It was like 6.76 to be exact.  

So I clicked the wrong subscription "one day" instead of the full month. Reason why i was charged. However it didn't even work for me on Sunday. They charged me on Monday, and my subscription expired Tuesday. 

I've been going back and forth with whoever is answering my ticket and i was told "banks don't show statements/charges immediately" thats complete bullshit. I haven't been able to change my subscription as i get the attached image error code. I sent this to them, and the response was the bank shit. No response to the error code. It can't be my card that they already charged. 

I cant say im over this, cause i need this. But this is beyond bullshit. Ridiculously not impressed, another game im missing. 

That's the second complete match viewed on One Soccer and it has been perfect quality and could not be easier to use.  A professional pre and post match show as well.

Last season I had a steaming subscription to Nottingham Forest, one of the top 20 biggest clubs in England.  It was nowhere near as good as One Soccer.  It was poor quality and a very unreliable stream.

Well done CPL !!!

The One Soccer app had the ability to replay the game days later even though I had watched it on CBC after driving back to Hamilton.  The vocals were the same without overdubbing in the sound.   I'm surprised that no one mentioned that Wheeler called the wrong goal scorer at 3 minutes then the Red card...both times rescued by Dunfield.  

This weekend looks massive with three games in a row.  I expect to be out catching L1O games so will watch it on a delay basis again.  

Anyone know if these games will be stored until the end of the season or at until the end of time?  I believe that WWE has even non-WWE wrestling back into the 1970s so they must have a deep basement to have that much available for their on demand service.  On the other hand Rogers on Demand has a one week expiry date for old MSL games until they are replaced by newer games.  

On 4/30/2019 at 8:33 PM, KW519 said:

You can use your TV internet browser if you want it playing directly from your TV

That wasn't working for me, so I played it on my laptop and hooked up an HDMI cable to my TV. Worked great and I was impressed with the production, Pre, during and post game. OH yeah...and 3 points! Go Valour

On 4/30/2019 at 10:46 PM, fannorth said:

But honestly if the CPL and OneSoccer are on the ball they will include a CAST Feature in the next update for the app. So any new Smart TV nowadays has a casting feature built into it so there won't be a need to a dongle just straight from tablet/phone onto TV. Spend the 25k redesigning the app and you done.

Here's the response I got from OneSoccer Help a few days ago

So looks like Chromecast > Roku > AppleTv

Edited by deschamp86

On 5/1/2019 at 10:09 PM, longlugan said:

Where or how do you get your season seat holder code to sign up for the cheaper rate?

Received an email from Forge FC regarding the $49.99 full year rate and a code to input. I signed up, took @fannorth's advice above, and was able to watch some highlights on my TV. Looking forward to three matches tomorrow.

Have to say I'm not happy with service so far. I was lead to believe the games would be on demand but so far it's confusing. Two of the games from yesterday are still not available to view. I can't always watch live. I thought it would be more like the NHL or MLB with games always available.

2 hours ago, sting said:

Have to say I'm not happy with service so far. I was lead to believe the games would be on demand but so far it's confusing. Two of the games from yesterday are still not available to view. I can't always watch live. I thought it would be more like the NHL or MLB with games always available.

The previous games have been up quickly, but they tweeted out that they were having some technical difficulty this weekend and the two games not posted yet would be up tomorrow

• Admin locked and unpinned this topic