Have you joined OneSoccer Yet?

Admin

Have you joined OneSoccer yet?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Have you joined OneSoccer yet?

• Yes
    • Of Course

11 hours ago, MrsC said:

The previous games have been up quickly, but they tweeted out that they were having some technical difficulty this weekend and the two games not posted yet would be up tomorrow

Thanks, I see they are up today. Well MrsC, I have seen you on onesoccer in two stadiums so far. You have five to go this year.

2 hours ago, sting said:

Thanks, I see they are up today. Well MrsC, I have seen you on onesoccer in two stadiums so far. You have five to go this year.

She has actually been in 3 stadiums. Top of the leaderboard!!

Although these guys will be in first place by the end of the season:

Anybody else going to make it to all 7 by the end of the year?

9 hours ago, masster said:

She has actually been in 3 stadiums. Top of the leaderboard!!

Although these guys will be in first place by the end of the season:

Anybody else going to make it to all 7 by the end of the year?

I'm going to Edmonton for June 1 and back to Hamilton for July 20 (but that doesn't count since I've already been there).  I'll probably only get 4 of 7 this year but who knows.  The other 3 next year for sure though.

On 4/28/2019 at 8:00 AM, MrsC said:

I just got home to Winnipeg and signed up and I'm re-watching yesterday's game now.  There is no Apple TV app which is annoying.  Right now we are screen mirroring to the tv off an iPad, but the other option is to play through the website and plug your computer to the tv with an HDMI cable.  It is really surprising they didn't make this easier for people to get onto their TVs.  Hopefully that is coming ASAP

Speaking as an old person...

What?

Edited by vancanman

On 4/28/2019 at 8:27 AM, youllneverwalkalone said:

Least tech savvy person ever, but my Samsung TV allows me there to access the internet. Takes me a minute or two to get rolling but once you hit the full screen button it looks great. My Sony TV, bought the same day for much more, doesn't seem to let me do this.

I would like to challenge that.

1 hour ago, vancanman said:

Speaking as an old person...

What?

I don't have an ipad so I can't speak to the first part but plugging in an HDMI cable to one's laptop couldn't be easier. If you already have a cable box, you probably don't even need to buy an HDMI cable, just unplug the cable that connects your TV to the cable box from the box end and find the port that fits on your laptop. Whatever shows up on your laptop should also appear on your TV.

15 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I don't have an ipad so I can't speak to the first part but plugging in an HDMI cable to one's laptop couldn't be easier. If you already have a cable box, you probably don't even need to buy an HDMI cable, just unplug the cable that connects your TV to the cable box from the box end and find the port that fits on your laptop. Whatever shows up on your laptop should also appear on your TV.

Yes, I'm a dinosaur and know nothing of tech, but this is what I do.  Cheap, easy and quick, just like some of my old girlfriends.

I just cancelled my subscription less than half-way through my first month free. 

I am finding the highlights I want on YouTube and watching away matches in the pub. I have no interest in their other programming which has yet to materialize.

Maybe I will revisit later but for now it's not worth it for me.

2 hours ago, zeelaw said:

I'd bet on the more general services like Chromecast, Firestick, Roku or even AppleTV first 😕

I think the TV's are all running Android, so it shouldn't be much of a stretch to make it work. 

Running an LG TV, and I see, at least in this case a very surprising difference in the quality of the image on the native TV app vs the cast video.     The Amazon Prime app.... the quality is hands down the best I have seen.  It looks like uncompressed broadcast. 

6 hours ago, ted said:

I just cancelled my subscription less than half-way through my first month free. 

I am finding the highlights I want on YouTube and watching away matches in the pub. I have no interest in their other programming which has yet to materialize.

Maybe I will revisit later but for now it's not worth it for me.

Ted, they announced the whole thing on April 5. The media deal was signed like in late January. It is fresh out of the blocks. 

Drink 10 less beers from here to October and back the project, they are a fundamental piece in CPL success.

17 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Ted, they announced the whole thing on April 5. The media deal was signed like in late January. It is fresh out of the blocks. 

Explain to me how the highlights packages are available on YouTube for free but they are NOT available on OneSoccer.ca?

Why is there not even a weekly league highlights and analysis show? They could cobble that together from post-game shows with a talking head or two to introduce it. 

Why couldn't I watch the Halifax game last weekend while the Valour game was on?

I'm talking about basic service promised and not available. Not even communication from the channel to say when any of the promised programming and options will actually be available.

I'm sure I'll give it another chance at some point.

I wasn't going to subscribe but really enjoyed watching the Wanderers re-match on CBC so I gave it a try. Loved the coverage Hamilton and Calgary this Wednesday. Had a big matchday type feeling with some good halftime analysis. Also figured life (and possibly finances) will keep me from getting to the bar for all the away matches so this would be great to watch on those occasions.

Is 10$ a month reasonable for most casual sports fans to watch all the CPL games? Maybe not. However for the die hard fans like most of us it works out to like 2$ a game for the clubs we support. When you think of that way it has to be worth it. No?

Outside of that we really need to support this project (The CPL). The more I see of it - the more experience it - the more I fall in love with it. The quality of the matches are great, the atmosphere the hard core supporters provide is awesome, the league is something we can call our own.  If we let this opportunity to build on something special slip away we may never see anything like it again in our lifetime.

9 hours ago, ted said:

Explain to me how the highlights packages are available on YouTube for free but they are NOT available on OneSoccer.ca?

Why is there not even a weekly league highlights and analysis show? They could cobble that together from post-game shows with a talking head or two to introduce it. 

Why couldn't I watch the Halifax game last weekend while the Valour game was on?

I'm talking about basic service promised and not available. Not even communication from the channel to say when any of the promised programming and options will actually be available.

I'm sure I'll give it another chance at some point.

Just send them a message as to why you are leaving, saying just this. 

I think they are responsing very quickly to what they have to deal with, since as I mention, have no experience in doing an online offer of this nature, all MediaPro has done in football is sell rights and produce games until now, including commenting them--not provide an exclusive online platform.

I signed up in time for the Forge-Pacific game on Wednesday, having procrastinated up until then. As an Ottawa resident who won't be able to make it to many games, it's great to have - if I manage to watch every CPL game, it works out to less than $1 per game. Even if I don't, it's still cheap and seems like decent quality? Admittedly I'm comparing that to my usual tactic of (probably illegal) streams.

I don't disagree with Ted's point about having extra content, analysis, whatever, but it's obviously early days. It's hard to have tons of content to show when there are only 7 teams and have so far only been 8 games played.

• Admin locked and unpinned this topic