Have you joined OneSoccer Yet?

Admin

Have you joined OneSoccer yet?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Have you joined OneSoccer yet?

• Yes
    • Of Course

9 hours ago, Winnipeg Fury said:

Unless someone can not afford this subscription, which is sadly possible, I would expect all fans of the CPL to be supporting One Soccer.  It has nothing to do with any technical features and everything to do with this being OUR league and OUR product.  

We need it to succeed.  Support it.

And this is where I have to call bullshit as too many people are starting to make this ugly "patriotism" argument.

I have a season ticket to my local team. I am REQUIRED to do nothing more to prove my loyalty/patriotism/support for the league.

Next you will be telling me I must now buy only Moosehead, drive a Volkswagon, or get donuts and coffee at Tim Hortons.

If OneSoccer wants my business it is up to them to make it worth getting for me and anyone who says I HAVE TO support this business can FUCK RIGHT OFF.

2 hours ago, ted said:

And this is where I have to call ******** as too many people are starting to make this ugly "patriotism" argument.

I have a season ticket to my local team. I am REQUIRED to do nothing more to prove my loyalty/patriotism/support for the league.

Next you will be telling me I must now buy only Moosehead, drive a Volkswagon, or get donuts and coffee at Tim Hortons.

If OneSoccer wants my business it is up to them to make it worth getting for me and anyone who says I HAVE TO support this business can **** RIGHT OFF.

We are just encouraging the gesture, I think, Ted. Looking at their Twitter following, stuck at under 3500, makes me think that maybe they just have a few thousand subscribers. That is all to encourage them to improve what they are offering, from some of the technical additions, seems they are. The games are being called right, there is pre and post game shows, they are putting together the highlights. 

That is all.

Are you not going to watch Pacific FC away games, or do you have a pub committed to always putting it on?

Related to that: can pubs in Canada show off a subscription service without paying anything more than an individual rate?

2 hours ago, ted said:

And this is where I have to call ******** as too many people are starting to make this ugly "patriotism" argument.

If OneSoccer wants my business it is up to them to make it worth getting for me and anyone who says I HAVE TO support this business can **** RIGHT OFF.

I understand both points of view. I get what your saying and you are right. In order for you to buy one soccer it has to be worth it to you.

On the other hand if the league is to be a success we need to support it in as many ways as possible.

At the end of the day though I agree that no one should be saying you have to buy OneSoccer.

However we need to realize the cost of producing, shooting, and covering each game is massive. With that being said I think having every game played broadcast is huge for the league.

I'm not a season ticket holder of any of the 7 teams.

However I have purchased a OneSoccer subscription. I just feel like its my own little way to support the league.

I have been pleasantly surprised in the level of play in the league so far.

OneSoccer has been pretty good as well. Is it perfect? No. Could they improve some of the content? Sure.

But the actual game presentations have been professional and way better then I expected from a start-up league.

10 hours ago, ted said:

Yes, I am an ugly patriot.  

Like I said, if you can't afford it, .........you can't afford it.  No worries.  But I suspect most people on here will not miss $49, and personally I see this as no different than making a charitable donation.  I will not watch the majority of CPL games, but I know I will catch all the Valour games.  We are passionate about our CPL, why not support it, since we are all watching the away matches at the very least.  

18 hours ago, ted said:

What do you mean by “ugly patriot”? 

8 hours ago, Winnipeg Fury said:

Yes, I am an ugly patriot.  

Like I said, if you can't afford it, .........you can't afford it.  No worries.  But I suspect most people on here will not miss $49, and personally I see this as no different than making a charitable donation.  I will not watch the majority of CPL games, but I know I will catch all the Valour games.  We are passionate about our CPL, why not support it, since we are all watching the away matches at the very least.  

If someone says he is going to watch the away games in a pub, that is fine on a social level, but you are spending more on beer, assuming you have 2-3, in 3 games, than the entire season of OneSoccer. So you are supporting your local bar and local craft options, which I think is wonderful.

But you are not saving money by passing on OneSoccer and it is not an either/or scenario.

21 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Are you not going to watch Pacific FC away games, or do you have a pub committed to always putting it on?

As I said earlier, I plan to watch games at the Club-sanctioned watch parties put on by one of their partner pubs. 

Watching games on OneSoccer was only ever gong to be a last-resort for me. I was hoping to get my value out of the other programming.

19 hours ago, narduch said:

I'm not a season ticket holder of any of the 7 teams.

However I have purchased a OneSoccer subscription. I just feel like its my own little way to support the league.

And if I did not live in a city with a team I would totally be subscribing to watch games - although I would still prefer to go to a pub and be with other fans. Watching soccer is not meant to be a solitary activity. 

5 hours ago, Ams1984 said:

What do you mean by “ugly patriot”? 

An ugly patriot is a person who declares that whatever they have decided is the best course of action is the ONLY patriotic action possible. Therefore if you fail to do what they suggest you are not a patriot and, by implication, a traitor. It is based on the "No true Scotsman" logical fallacy.

It is the kind of thing Nazis and Republicans argue and has no place in a discussion of whether or not to subscribe to a video-streaming service which is why I react so angrily. 

• Admin locked and unpinned this topic