U. S. Virgin Islands vs Canada , September 9th 4pm IMG Academy in Bradenton Florida

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blackjack15 said:

Hope to see David, Millar, ZBG, Cornelius and Busti all make their official debuts 

The score line will be 5-0+ but to get this group started is important 

It should be 10+ goals Cuba just won 11-0 over Turks and Caicos which is ranked 35th in the CONCACAF rankings USVI is ranked 37th and Canada is way stronger than Cuba.

3 hours ago, Daryn27 said:

It should be 10+ goals Cuba just won 11-0 over Turks and Caicos which is ranked 35th in the CONCACAF rankings USVI is ranked 37th and Canada is way stronger than Cuba.

Yes, but the bigger takeaway for me from this first set of games is how few blow outs there have been ... aside from the Cuba game, the next largest margin of victory was 5-0 for FG.  Everything else have been extremely tight!

I wouldn't be surprised if our game ended 3-0 or 4-0.  I'm hoping for more, but I could see it being viewed as a "disappointing" 3-4 goal margin.

29 minutes ago, KW519 said:

This too!

Did you catch Herdman say that USVI have narrowed the pitch to the minimum 64 yards? Interesting that as the "home" team playing away they still get to dictate how the pitch is lined.  I wonder if they could also instruct the grounds crew to install a few potholes and some crabgrass.  ?

In all seriousness that makes sense for USVI. Take away as much width as possible. I'm so curious to see how we do trying to pick through a bunkering team. Not scared yet but definitely cautious after watching Montserrat stymie El Salvador for 93 minutes. 

1 hour ago, shorty said:

Did you catch Herdman say that USVI have narrowed the pitch to the minimum 64 yards? Interesting that as the "home" team playing away they still get to dictate how the pitch is lined.  I wonder if they could also instruct the grounds crew to install a few potholes and some crabgrass.  ?

In all seriousness that makes sense for USVI. Take away as much width as possible. I'm so curious to see how we do trying to pick through a bunkering team. Not scared yet but definitely cautious after watching Montserrat stymie El Salvador for 93 minutes. 

So will it be the smallest size field possible? Or almost that 

What I will be watching for tomorrow:

A strong, cohesive and purposeful display of professional football from our lads. I want to see some chemistry, I want to get a sense that Herdman knows how to set this team up for success, that he's got his tactics right. I am not worried about the score line. I DO want to see lots of chances created, and we better be clinical on several of them, but I mostly want to see a cohesive performance.  USVI will most certainly bunker and counter, and the narrowed pitch will force us to be our technical best--rather than just letting Davies run them ragged. These sorts of matches are always tougher than they look on paper.  I want to see a smart and technical performance, with a good dose of ruthless finishing and tackling.  I am looking for signs that we are on the path to evolving into a very strong side.

There’s a meticulousness and goal to this team that I haven’t seen before.

I think one thing we get with Herdman is credibility.  Every soccer player and fan knows who he is and what he’s done for the women’s program.

The focus on the goal but also all the little parts of the plan to get there is a big change for our team.

The players sound differently then they have before and I like the change.  

19 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Odd, it seems no North American books are taking money on this. I usually bet with Bodog and they only have 2 LoN games listed and not this one.

It's now on Bodog but you can't bet for Canada, I'm hoping they add the point spread

Archived