U. S. Virgin Islands vs Canada , September 9th 4pm IMG Academy in Bradenton Florida

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At Halftime

• Busti on for Crepeau

• Brault-Guillard on for Cornelius 

• Cavallini On for David 

• Akindele and Millar switch  

• Davies and Osorio switch _______________________________________

This way our midfield group will remain strong 

Our 3 forwards are all teens and very talented 

We cap-tie five players that can/will be important for us in the future

Borjan, De Jong, Jakovic, Arfield, Hoilett, Larin and Ricketts should start play against Dominica at home since they are core players players 

Surprised why Herdman even called them in the first place when this camp + match is with the objective to open up a new campaign and Youth Focus 

The final score will be minimum 3-0 and most likely 5-0 

49D70045-4221-4C17-8F38-14BC03E9ED0B.jpeg

7 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

At Halftime

• Busti on for Crepeau

• Brault-Guillard on for Cornelius 

• Cavallini On for David 

• Akindele and Millar switch  

• Davies and Osorio switch _______________________________________

This way our midfield group will remain strong 

Our 3 forwards are all teens and very talented 

We cap-tie five players that can/will be important for us in the future

Borjan, De Jong, Jakovic, Arfield, Hoilett, Larin and Ricketts should start play against Dominica at home since they are core players players 

Surprised why Herdman even called them in the first place when this camp + match is with the objective to open up a new campaign and Youth Focus 

The final score will be minimum 3-0 and most likely 5-0 

49D70045-4221-4C17-8F38-14BC03E9ED0B.jpeg

This will be a competitive game, not a friendly, so only 3 subs allowed.

1 hour ago, Blackdude said:

Mathieu Choinière and Liam Fraser are at camp. Jay Chapman is out. (Okay, I got it there)

Nice to see these 2 very good young prospects get a call-up. 

The Impact have just recently signed Mickeal Azira, a 31-year-old MLS journeyman, who has more or less bumped Choinière out of the 18, even though Azira probably isn’t any better, costs more money, and will probably be gone before next season. But he’s a foreigner and Choinière is Canadian...

4 minutes ago, Grandbloke said:

The Impact have just recently signed Mickeal Azira, a 31-year-old MLS journeyman, who has more or less bumped Choinière out of the 18, even though Azira probably isn’t any better, costs more money, and will probably be gone before next season. But he’s a foreigner and Choinière is Canadian...

Has Carl Robinson taken over the Impact?

33 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

Has USVI announced their roster? 

I usually check wikipedia for rosters, but their page doesn’t even have a section for their most recent roster. I’m interested to see where all of their players play

I see a lot of people suggesting 18yo busti to be subbed on at some point in the game. 

It's either he starts or doesn't play. I have never seen a goalie get subbed on for cap tieing purposes. Nor do I think Herdman is that ballsy. 

David, Millar, Brault-Guillard, Busti, Wotherspoon in that order are priority to be cap-tied. 

Busti has several opportunities to feel important to the program whether it b the upcoming U20, Olympic qualifying, etc. if italy comes calling (which they won't) we'll all be surprised. 

3 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

I see a lot of people suggesting 18yo busti to be subbed on at some point in the game. 

It's either he starts or doesn't play. I have never seen a goalie get subbed on for cap tieing purposes. Nor do I think Herdman is that ballsy. 

David, Millar, Brault-Guillard, Busti, Wotherspoon in that order are priority to be cap-tied. 

Begovic was cap tied by subbing on in injury time for Bosnia but I agree about not burning a sub on a keeper.  Busti should just start, there’s literally no sense in having Borjan in goal for this match when we can lock down a future keeper.

11 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Busti has several opportunities to feel important to the program whether it b the upcoming U20, Olympic qualifying, etc. if italy comes calling (which they won't) we'll all be surprised. 

I'll chime in before Blackdude does to say that Wotherspoon is already captied ... 

19 minutes ago, Addona said:

I'll chime in before Blackdude does to say that Wotherspoon is already captied ... 

Technically Wotherspoon is not Captied, the New Zealand game was a friendly and I don’t think he had to make his one time switch because he didn’t play for the Sr.Scotland team. If I’m wrong someone please correct me :) 

9 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Technically Wotherspoon is not Captied, the New Zealand game was a friendly and I don’t think he had to make his one time switch because he didn’t play for the Sr.Scotland team. If I’m wrong someone please correct me :) 

Wotherspoon played official youth matches for Scotland so he was provisionally cap-tied to them, which is why he needed to use his one-time switch to play for us. He is now cap-tied to us because he cannot switch back.

7 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Wotherspoon played official youth matches for Scotland so he was provisionally cap-tied to them, which is why he needed to use his one-time switch to play for us. He is now cap-tied to us because he cannot switch back.

Thanks for the correction 

2 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

They’ve posted a little ad for it on their Facebook with a picture of a team who I assume is their starting 11 for the match. It also mentions tickets are $10.

https://m.facebook.com/events/1201190580020810?__referral_info_referrer_type=page&__referral_info_mechanism=unknown

I wonder if they’ll take Canadian at Par?  ?

This game feels like the most low-key competitive game, I'm looking at all the betting sites and none of them have any sort of odds for the game. I know the USVI roster isn't out yet but will oddsmakers really make a decision based on it? Here's to hoping they undervalue Canada! ? 

4 hours ago, Grandbloke said:

Nice to see these 2 very good young prospects get a call-up. 

The Impact have just recently signed Mickeal Azira, a 31-year-old MLS journeyman, who has more or less bumped Choinière out of the 18, even though Azira probably isn’t any better, costs more money, and will probably be gone before next season. But he’s a foreigner and Choinière is a Canadian...

Azira was one of our best players against Red Bull and one of the few that played decently against TFC. He was a starter at Colorado in the 2016  and 2017 seasons before falling out of favour because he did not fit in well to the tactics the coach wanted to play. He earns more than Choiniere but is not that expensive at $130k. I hope Choiniere gets a chance next year but in the race for the playoffs and hopefully a playoff run, Azira is a pretty good pick up. So far by his play he is even making a case to stick around next year though that might not be good for Choiniere.

10 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Azira was one of our best players against Red Bull and one of the few that played decently against TFC. He was a starter at Colorado in the 2016  and 2017 seasons before falling out of favour because he did not fit in well to the tactics the coach wanted to play. He earns more than Choiniere but is not that expensive at $130k. I hope Choiniere gets a chance next year but in the race for the playoffs and hopefully a playoff run, Azira is a pretty good pick up. So far by his play he is even making a case to stick around next year though that might not be good for Choiniere.

This is yet another example of how difficult it often is for young Canadians to get minutes in MLS, a league where Americans count as domestics on the Canadian teams. And this is also an example of why we need CanPL, a league where each team will have to play a significant number of Canadians.

33 minutes ago, Grandbloke said:

This is yet another example of how difficult it often is for young Canadians to get minutes in MLS, a league where Americans count as domestics on the Canadian teams. And this is also an example of why we need CanPL, a league where each team will have to play a significant number of Canadians.

Just think, with 3 more expansion teams coming to MLS it will mean another 50-60 MLS roster spots for americans.  If CPL is 50/50 that will only mean 80-90 roster spots opening up for CDN in a USL quality league.  Even with the CPL we will be falling behind more and more.   

11 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Just think, with 3 more expansion teams coming to MLS it will mean another 50-60 MLS roster spots for americans.  If CPL is 50/50 that will only mean 80-90 roster spots opening up for CDN in a USL quality league.  Even with the CPL we will be falling behind more and more.   

Hopefully, CanPL will limit the number of international roster spots to about 8 per team, similar to MLS. Initially, the level of play in CanPL could very well be quite similar to USL or perhaps slightly higher, but hopefully that will eventually improve.

45 minutes ago, Grandbloke said:

Hopefully, CanPL will limit the number of international roster spots to about 8 per team, similar to MLS. 

That’s good number, let’s say each team has 25 players on their roster and 7/8 internationals and the 6/11 rule too

As long as 70-75% are Canadians 

Archived