U. S. Virgin Islands vs Canada , September 9th 4pm IMG Academy in Bradenton Florida

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Formation will be interesting. Probably means Davies at LB, which in theory I hate, but I don't expect he'll be doing a lot of defending.

It’s good to experiment for breaking down teams, he’ll have more space to operate and go on runs.

17 minutes ago, gator said:

I see only 2 defenders in the 11, Henry and Cornelius!

19 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Not starting any fullbacks?  

17 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Wow.  Two defenders.  Davies at LB?

The John Herdman experience comes to the CMNT forum!

On 9/7/2018 at 10:14 PM, Bdog said:

I just realized that this will be the last time in quite a while that we'll play a team like this. 12-0 or bust!

An interesting thought. We may never have to play a minnow this low again, if the Nations League become's a permanent feature.

And with a single table of 34 teams, and only 4 matches, goal differential will be critical.

I can't think of the last time there's been such a big incentive to show no mercy, and run up the goals. Nor might it ever happen again.

All three of the remaining teams we play in this tournie are higher ranked. This is the only pot D team we play. And as everyone get's to play a pot D team, maximizing goals will be critical.

4 hours ago, nfitz said:

An interesting thought. We may never have to play a minnow this low again, if the Nations League become's a permanent feature.

And with a single table of 34 teams, and only 4 matches, goal differential will be critical.

I can't think of the last time there's been such a big incentive to show no mercy, and run up the goals. Nor might it ever happen again.

All three of the remaining teams we play in this tournie are higher ranked. This is the only pot D team we play. And as everyone get's to play a pot D team, maximizing goals will be critical.

It’s possible we will have to play teams like this again. There has been talk of changing how WCQ happens. If they go the same kind of route that UEFA does (which we have done a lot recently. We now have our own version of the Europa league, nation and club coefficients, and nations league) then we could find one of these ultra minnows in our qualifying group every four years.

12 hours ago, Kent said:

It’s possible we will have to play teams like this again. There has been talk of changing how WCQ happens. If they go the same kind of route that UEFA does (which we have done a lot recently. We now have our own version of the Europa league, nation and club coefficients, and nations league) then we could find one of these ultra minnows in our qualifying group every four years.

I’ve been looking at the possible dates for wcq, with nations league taking up next fall and March 2020, when will qualifying begin? The last 2 cycles we started the year after the previous World Cup so that would be summer 2019. I’m assuming we could start around next summers gold cup then pick it up again in June 2020? I suppose if UEFA can do It, so can we. I’m interested to see what the format of 2022 qualifying looks like.

Archived