Forge FC (Hamilton) launch/2019 offseason thread

RS

2 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Great surge for Forge FC yesterday.  I'm guessing there's a big marketing push at TiCats games (there was a game yesterday).  133 memberships in one day!  This far removed from launch that is pretty impressive.

Check out @VictoriaGooner’s Tweet:

Should be noted as @shorty mentioned in main CanPL thread, this was a weekly update as opposed to the daily update that is also out there.  So good increase but not quite the surge I initially thought.  Still gaining ground on Valour FC though!

• 2 weeks later...

They sold out their allotment and now have an offer for some TiCats tickets to their next home game, also with a Forge pre-game event. No indication of how many tickets available to members for either game, not likely too many, but helps to build some excitement. For the first event, they also mentioned there will be Forge FC representatives will be on hand to talk about upcoming club timelines & milestones as well membership pricing and processes."

Edited by RickC

hopefully the CPL league office is monitoring what is working in the various communities where the league has teams and has some structured way of sharing that across the league.  We still have along way to kick off so hopefully the (somewhat) laggards like York 9 and Pacific FC can learn from those that have generated the most support already.  There is still time but the clock is ticking.

9 hours ago, TheatreRed said:

I’d love to go to the September 15th game but that’s my first wedding anniversary and if I don’t focus on that it will probably be my last

last game or anniversary?...one would be bad, the other may happen anyway (just kidding)

Edited by RickC

11 hours ago, TheatreRed said:

I’d love to go to the September 15th game but that’s my first wedding anniversary and if I don’t focus on that it will probably be my last

My hockey buddies always said the only excuse to miss a game was a wedding or funeral and they better be your own!?

22 hours ago, Toronto Ruffrider said:

I'm really impressed with what I'm seeing from Forge FC - excellent communication and cross-marketing. This team seems very professional.

I got a phone call yesterday from James ( @marauder01) who works in the ticketing office for the team now, no pressure to buy tickets he just wanted to know if I had any questions about the team or anything else within the organization, he did tell me a manager should be hired next month! Agree they are doing a fine job so far!

On 8/17/2018 at 9:23 AM, gator said:

I got a phone call yesterday from James ( @marauder01) who works in the ticketing office for the team now, no pressure to buy tickets he just wanted to know if I had any questions about the team or anything else within the organization, he did tell me a manager should be hired next month! Agree they are doing a fine job so far!

I met him at Because Beer, seems like a really solid dude. Not just Forge, but league-wide I'm really encouraged by what I'm seeing. Probably the only thing I'm skeptical about is York 9's far-long-term future when the league pyramid has evolved to a point where it doesn't make sense for one team to cover 9 towns, but let's get there when we get there.

2 hours ago, TheatreRed said:

Probably the only thing I'm skeptical about is York 9's far-long-term future when the league pyramid has evolved to a point where it doesn't make sense for one team to cover 9 towns, but let's get there when we get there.

IMO, That's a leap that is unnecessary to even worry about. YORK9 has the right formula by representing the whole region, it just needs to be executed right. 

The reality is that as the league pyramid grows, whether it be in Ontario there is soo many potential markets/teams that can be regionally represented. Durham, KW, London, Peel, etc. My point is that regionalizing teams broadens the reach for inclusion by residents of the given region.

Im from Ajax, and if there was a team branded as Oshawa whatever... Chances are I wouldn't support it/care. But Durham whatever, and they play in Oshawa is another thing. I'm sure it would be the same sentiment for others. 

On 8/21/2018 at 12:34 AM, Jahinho Guerro said:

IMO, That's a leap that is unnecessary to even worry about. YORK9 has the right formula by representing the whole region, it just needs to be executed right. 

The reality is that as the league pyramid grows, whether it be in Ontario there is soo many potential markets/teams that can be regionally represented. Durham, KW, London, Peel, etc. My point is that regionalizing teams broadens the reach for inclusion by residents of the given region.

Im from Ajax, and if there was a team branded as Oshawa whatever... Chances are I wouldn't support it/care. But Durham whatever, and they play in Oshawa is another thing. I'm sure it would be the same sentiment for others. 

You're right about the formula for representing the region. If Waterloo region had a "Grand River fc or ROW fc" that played in Cambridge id be all over that....but a club called Cambridge I couldnt possibly support.

20 hours ago, KW519 said:

You're right about the formula for representing the region. If Waterloo region had a "Grand River fc or ROW fc" that played in Cambridge id be all over that....but a club called Cambridge I couldnt possibly support.

"ROW fc"? Is that supposed to be an acronym of something in the KW area?

• RS locked this topic