CONCACAF U-20 Championship (November 2018)

Lou

^exactly right. There are 2 different things at play.

1. He can't complete an international transfer until his 18th birthday - 2 November 2018.

2. Bayern can't register him as a new player until the European transfer window opens - 1 January 2019.

I suppose Bayern could want him to join training with them on his 18th birthday, even though he can't play matches until the new year, though. I guess it depends on the wording of the transfer agreement when exactly he switches from being a VWFC player to being a FCBM player, officially.

7 hours ago, Obinna said:

The tournament is from Nov 1-21 and the international break is 12-21. 

I also noticed we play on the 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th and 10th.

So it would seem to me that Gent may just decided not to release David.

Same for Tabla at Barcelona B.

Alphonso will likely be done with Vancouver, but does Bayern want him to come right away and get sharp, due to the crisis (some would call it) on the wings? Remember he is 18 on the 2nd, so technically can't he play for them as soon as Nov 3rd against Freiburg?

Busti and Millar I expect no issue with, but the other 3 I think could potentially miss out due to club commitments.

Side note on Davies: If he can in fact dress for Bayern right away on the 3rd, don't we want him in that first team, or do we want him to play against the U-20 sides of Dominica, Saint Kitts, Guadeloupe and the like? We talk about how the CanMNT should wipe the floor with Saint Kitts, but we need Davies to beat their big, bad U-20 side? That's a bit of a joke!

In my opinion the chance to play with Bayern Munich right away is much more important for his overall development than this qualification tournament for the U-20s. 

I would be shocked if Davies dresses for Bayern immediately. Also I am not overly concerned about beating St. Kitts, however, I do want him there when we play Panama.

6 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

I would be shocked if Davies dresses for Bayern immediately. Also I am not overly concerned about beating St. Kitts, however, I do want him there when we play Panama.

Yeah, this. Only the group winners move on, so we need to beat Panama in addition to the minnows.

7 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Yeah, this. Only the group winners move on, so we need to beat Panama in addition to the minnows.

How good are we expecting Panama to be? 

On 10/18/2018 at 8:52 AM, shamrock said:

The final 20 player list is due 10 days before 

10 Days prior to the tournament starting: November 1st, (Tomorrow) prior to the first game - November 2nd (Tuesday) 

Excited to see what the team will be

I wonder why the Provisional 35-man Roster wasn’t released as it wasn’t submitted to CONCACAF a while ago by October 1-2 

41 minutes ago, spitfire said:

The big european clubs do not have to release the players for this tournament as it is for over 3 weeks and is outside the international window. End of. So I would not expect to see Busti David Ballou or Millar in the squad. This is not the csa but the clubs. 

Your right they don’t but if U20 national European teams can get their star players released why can’t we ? If we can’t get our players released then the CSA should put  pressure on concacaf to fix the tourney around for up and coming tourneys. Also if they are not chosen, the CSA needs to come out and explain why they weren’t. If they don’t that’s an Epic failure. If it’s because clubs won’t release then say that. 

6 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Your right they don’t but if U20 national European teams can get their star players released why can’t we ? If we can’t get our players released then the CSA should put  pressure on concacaf to fix the tourney around for up and coming tourneys. Also if they are not chosen, the CSA needs to come out and explain why they weren’t. If they don’t that’s an Epic failure. If it’s because clubs won’t release then say that. 

I think you are overreacting here. What the European youth teams do is none of our concern. We are not playing them. All CONCACAF teams including USA and Mexico will be in the same boat as us. We have plenty of domestic players that can get the job done. 

7 hours ago, spitfire said:

This is not the csa but the clubs. 

6 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Rule #1: Even when it's not the CSA's fault, its the CSA's fault.

8 hours ago, spitfire said:

The big european clubs do not have to release the players for this tournament as it is for over 3 weeks and is outside the international window. End of. So I would not expect to see Busti David Ballou or Millar in the squad. This is not the csa but the clubs. 

True but also, there is significant overlap with an international window, most of those guys are youth players and you can make up to 6 changes.

So there is a way to possibly make it work, whether they choose to is a different story.

13 hours ago, spitfire said:

David is the only one in this list that it makes much sense that the club wouldn't want to release him. I'm not saying the others will get released, but it's at least feasible that Barcelona doesn't mind letting one of their B players some experience playing some crucial games. Liverpool might be OK with letting a youth player go for a while. Juventus might not mind letting their backup (or is he 3rd string?) youth goalkeeper get some playing time. Wasn't the Dominica game the first game time Busti has had this season?

Anyways, the clubs might hold back their players, but it's still my belief that the CSA should at least try to get them to the U20 tournament.