CONCACAF U-20 Championship (November 2018)

Lou

17 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Holy Shit that's a scary lineup! It's Ass kicking time !!!

image.jpeg

I would switch Millar and Tabla but that is one good lineup. We need a player to control the center of the field. I feel like Millar and David together would both want to play to far up the field and have no one underneath them.

22 minutes ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

I would switch Millar and Tabla but that is one good lineup. We need a player to control the center of the field. I feel like Millar and David together would both want to play to far up the field and have no one underneath them.

Millar normally plays SS/CF with Liverpool and Tabla plays mainly the wing. Okello to me is a younger version of Hutch and I haven't seen Palmer play but what I read and seen in highlights he's a special player.

Edited by SpecialK

57 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

For the less informed among us, it would be helpful if people identifying "targets" could post some contextual info about their eligibility and Canadianness.  That way I will know whether to start getting crushingly disappointed or outraged.

One target should be :

Zorhan Bassong

DOB : may 7 1999

Born : Toronto - raised in Montreal 

Position : LB

current club : LOSC Lille B

National eligibility : Canada ,   Cameron ( through his father ) ,  Belgium (  through his mother) , France ( because he's played there for a few years)

Played 2 friendlies for the Belguim U19. He Was not part of their uefa euro u 19  qualifiers 

left Canada for Europe I believe age of 16-17

pretty good article ( it's in French ) https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1053519/soccer-zorhan-bassong-longueuil-lille-desert-fifa

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

One target should be :

Zorhan Bassong

DOB : may 7 1999

Born : Toronto - raised in Montreal 

Position : LB

current club : LOSC Lille B

National eligibility : Canada ,   Cameron ( through his father ) ,  Belgium (  through his mother) , France ( because he's played there for a few years)

Played 2 friendlies for the Belguim U19. He Was not part of their uefa euro u 19  qualifiers 

left Canada for Europe I believe age of 16-17

pretty good article ( it's in French ) https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1053519/soccer-zorhan-bassong-longueuil-lille-desert-fifa

image.jpeg

He’s been in a Canadian camp too

Patrick Leduc will be an assistant coach for this team. As mentioned in loin de s'en foot today. Also, Leduc mentioned that there are a couple of Quebecers on the staff. We know Olivieri will be the coach. I don't know about the other members. Maybe Jean-Lou Gosselin who did work with Olivieri and Leduc before with the women's U-20's. 

Can’t believe we missed this! This is huge news

For example let’s say The Whitecaps make the MLS Playoffs (seems unlikely Ik) as long as Canada Soccer registered Davies in the Provisional Roster then he can play in the International window (Nov 12-20) The Knockout Stage begins the 13rd! Same goes for David, if Gent decide not too release him for the group stage of this youth tournament then Canada can take a player out and put Jonathan In

Final Roster 20 players not 23 —

This leaves me much more confident that we’ll qualify for the U-20 World Cup!!

Source: Wikipedia 

Official Rules & Guidelines Here ⬇️ 

https://res.cloudinary.com/concacaf-production/image/upload/v1537388899/concacaf-prod/assets/Concacaf_Under-20_Championship_-_ENG.pdf

E49D3E17-7FEF-4877-A48B-34AFDD7095A3.jpeg

Edited by Thomas

Question is will Fonzie want to pass on this tournament trying to avoid the risk of getting injured before joining Bayern. Hopefully not, but I wouldnmt blame him if he did

On 10/11/2018 at 4:43 PM, Blackdude said:

Patrick Leduc will be an assistant coach for this team. As mentioned in loin de s'en foot today. Also, Leduc mentioned that there are a couple of Quebecers on the staff. We know Olivieri will be the coach. I don't know about the other members. Maybe Jean-Lou Gosselin who did work with Olivieri and Leduc before with the women's U-20's. 

This is a good thing imo. I feel that Quebec is underrepresented when it comes to coaching at the CSA.

1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

The problem is that only one team makes it out of the group stage. We must defeat Central American champions Panama before the international window opens. So our domestic-based non-first team players will have to get the job done.

It’s a joke that they only allow 20 player rosters but allow 6 changes from 15 players.. what is the point?! 

Why not 23 man rosters with 3 changes?  This is senseless when you consider the format. 

On 10/13/2018 at 5:07 PM, canta15 said:

Question is will Fonzie want to pass on this tournament trying to avoid the risk of getting injured before joining Bayern. Hopefully not, but I wouldnmt blame him if he did

Nah, it would only be good for him if he can raise his stock during this tourney. Despite the money Bayern has put down for him, he's still a nobody in Germany. If can become topscorer or Player of the Tournament or whatever that would give him some credit. 

1 hour ago, shamrock said:

Nah, it would only be good for him if he can raise his stock during this tourney. Despite the money Bayern has put down for him, he's still a nobody in Germany. If can become topscorer or Player of the Tournament or whatever that would give him some credit. 

I haven't read the game thread yet but I assume people noticed/mentioned this. He appeared to pick up a knock or two yesterday. He seemed to be complaining about a groin issue, then I saw him stretching out his calf (the calf might have been a cramp). I felt like he would have come off due to the groin thing and was maybe asking to come off, but all 3 subs were already made.

All this to say, maybe he will need some rest to heal up. But I do hope he can play in the U20's.

10 minutes ago, Northvansteve said:

I expect Hasal and Pantemis to be the other two goalies on the roster.

Pantemis is a 97 so too old.  Also with a 20 man roster it will likely just be two keepers, I would think at least.

Edited by Keegan

Don't know when the team will be released, but I think we can guess a long way. From the MNT:

1. Busti, 18 Juve U23

2. Fonzie Davies, 17 Whitecaps FC (unless he's injured)

3. Liam Millar, 19 Liverpool U23

4. Ballou Tabla, 19 Barcelona B

5. Jonathan David, 18 AA Gent

Then from TFC2 :

Julian Dunn, 18  (probably injured)

6. Antonio Romero, 18 

7. Olakunle Dada-Luke, 18

8. Luca Petrasso, 18

9. Dante Campbell, 19

10 Terique Mohammed, 18

11. Noble Okello, 18

12. Jordan Faria, 18