Simon Colyn

Northvansteve

2 minutes ago, longlugan said:

I doubt you understand the meaning of most of the words you just wrote...which matches your football knowledge. Did they kick you out of the Argentinian forum or something?

Man, Messi just put PSG ahead in Lyon.  

I know my football.  That's why a kid , a 10 who can score and assist at PSV for Canada is a no brainer.  You can take 26 fellows there isn't a spot for a kiddo?  And the symbology that this fact of Colyn of PSV means for younger footballers in Canada.  I leave it to your interpretation.

9 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

https://youtu.be/24uJ-TgUduQ

Check his dribbling technique.  

I like him better than Brym. He's younger, in a more solid club and is a more solid scorer.

Now he has not seen any first team minutes, apart from training with PSV this summer. 

When it starts to happen, a call-up or a few minutes, it puts him well past Brym immediately. 

PSV is leading the Dutch league, and the coach, Van Nistelrooy, was the PSV Jong coach Colyn had last year. So it is entirely feasible. 

Of course when someone is a real talent, is the bolter spot!!

Ireland had McAteer Babb and Gary Kelly in 1994.  

Brazil got Ronaldo in 1994

Italy had Schillaci in 1990

NZ had  Winston Reid Chris Wood and Tommy Smith in 2010

We had Basanta in 2014

Germany had Kramer in 2014

France had Ribery in 2006

Etc etc 

12 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

He could displace Brym :D

Barring multiple injuries, Brym isn't likely making our World Cup roster either. 

Of the 27 called into this camp and add the 3 injured players.  That would make Brym 30th in this group.

Edited by Corazon

6 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

You'd think so...

That's why I included likely.  I'd be genuinely shocked if he was included, especially given our depth up top.

Have to think that Cornelius, Waterman, Kone, Corbeanu, Koleosho & Brym are fighting for the final 2 spots of a 26 man roster.  I'd have to think that Waterman &/or Cornelius have to be there if Henry is just going for a free trip.  Given our midfield injuries and struggles, I'd have to think Kone is a very realistic addition as well.  Lastly, I'd take Corbeanu over Brym and I'd probably take Koleosho as well.

This is coming from someone who doesn't dislike Brym as much as most do on here.

But Colyn should be nowhere near this roster at this time as well.  For now anyways, because he does look like an exciting prospect.

Edited by Corazon

7 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am all for optimism about the next generation but there is no way Colyn should be anywhere near our WC squad in Qatar.  He isn’t nearly good enough at this point and he would be displacing someone who would be playing at a higher level.   

Bryn is a shameful call up, after that anything goes.

14 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

No it is just the logic of it.  Koleosho Español b.   Colyn. PSV.   

PSV is better than Español 

Kolesho made his La Liga debut at 17 years old. Has featured three times for them. Those who have watched him play, @Unnamed Trialist specially, have been impressed with him. We also have to contend with the USA eventually trying to cap him. Kolesho is also two years younger. 

By all accounts Colyn, who does have a bright future ahead of him, isn't close to a first team opportunity anytime soon. As far as I know he isn't on the Netherlands national team radar either. 

Edited by canuckgbp