Sebastian Breza

Dr.Dre

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Ruud said:

It’s Pantemis now on the outs. Read something about a sanctioning. These guys are really 1a and 1b.  A move would be ideal.  Sirois must also be looking at the big club. 

Pantemis has been on the outs since the start of the season.

• 1 month later...

So far Breza has been the #1 keeper this season but it will be interesting to see if he starts tonight.

Nancy was upset with his performance last match.

« Peut-être », a froidement répondu l'entraîneur-chef Wilfried Nancy avec retenue lorsqu’on lui a demandé si le poste de gardien de but était le talon d’Achille de l’équipe dans les derniers temps, visiblement une flèche envers Breza.

https://www.rds.ca/soccer/cfm/cf-montreal-des-fleches-envers-sebastian-breza-et-romell-quioto-apres-la-defaite-1.15950782

... « La situation des gardiens de but est connue. On a deux gardiens avec très peu d’expérience. »
... Envisage-t-il de faire jouer James Pantemis au stade Saputo contre Toronto ?
« Je réfléchis tout le temps, même pendant la saison morte », répond-il.

https://www.lapresse.ca/sports/soccer/2022-07-14/cf-montreal/j-ai-des-valeurs-auxquelles-je-ne-derogerai-jamais-dit-nancy.php

I'm sorry but Nancy is a clown. I see no tactics in that team. Great players running like headless chickens on the field can only get you so far. And then he throws his young keepers under the bus. Breza has made some mistakes, but some amazing saves too. Most of Montreal's goals conceded are caused by bad man marking and poor positioning. Breza has his flaws, but he definitely has his place in the MLS.

3 hours ago, BLennard said:

And then he throws his young keepers under the bus. Breza has made some mistakes, but some amazing saves too. Most of Montreal's goals conceded are caused by bad man marking and poor positioning. Breza has his flaws, but he definitely has his place in the MLS.

Breza is dead last in save % and goals prevented on FotMob. Statistics don’t tell the whole story but he hasn’t passed the eye test either.

3 hours ago, BLennard said:

I'm sorry but Nancy is a clown. I see no tactics in that team. Great players running like headless chickens on the field can only get you so far. And then he throws his young keepers under the bus. Breza has made some mistakes, but some amazing saves too. Most of Montreal's goals conceded are caused by bad man marking and poor positioning. Breza has his flaws, but he definitely has his place in the MLS.

Where are the great players exactly?  Wanyama, and.......?

Sorry buddy, but you've got it backwards, this team is exactly that, a team, composed of balanced players but no greats nor stars.

Nancy did exactly what he had to do as a coach.  Breza got benched and he won't make that mistake again.  He'll get another opportunity.  Pantemis has been rotting on the bench for quite some time and it was time he got a start, this way both young keepers understand they need to win the role with consistency.  Who said Breza does not have a place in the MLS?  This ain't millennial style elementary school where everyone gets fair and equal starts. 

1 hour ago, costarg said:

Where are the great players exactly?  Wanyama, and.......?

Sorry buddy, but you've got it backwards, this team is exactly that, a team, composed of balanced players but no greats nor stars.

Nancy did exactly what he had to do as a coach.  Breza got benched and he won't make that mistake again.  He'll get another opportunity.  Pantemis has been rotting on the bench for quite some time and it was time he got a start, this way both young keepers understand they need to win the role with consistency.  Who said Breza does not have a place in the MLS?  This ain't millennial style elementary school where everyone gets fair and equal starts. 

Mihailovic is a great player.

5 hours ago, BLennard said:

This take goes against every pundit in MLS.  Clearly one of the coaches of the season so far.  He needs to push these two young keepers though as neither is showing they are far ahead of the other 

1 hour ago, costarg said:

Sorry buddy

Arguably the best Canadian core in the world.  And Wanyama isn't even that good, it's more than just FIFA ratings. They are definitely missing some quality consistent fire power since Mihailovic's injury, but the core of this team is able to win.

Look, I'm not saying Breza isn't in the wrong, but if he is in the wrong, he is not alone. Throwing both your keepers under the bus, when they haven't been performing well, as is the rest of the team btw, is an easy way of shifting the blame away from yourself. Pointing fingers is easy, finding solutions is the difference between a good coach and a bad one. 

Having two young keepers is always a risk, Montreal should've signed a veteran keeper to help them relieve some pressure. Having a good keeper group in a team is vital. 

9 minutes ago, Ruud said:

This take goes against every pundit in MLS. 

Oh yes, the famous MLS pundits, known for their soccer knowledge. They see Montreal at top position for a week and immediately hop on the coach of the year wagon. CF Montreal is a bad managed team.

I watched every game, except for tonight tbf, and Breza has the talent. Just needs to find his feet down the line. He's had a lot of pressure to deal with.

2 minutes ago, BLennard said:

Having two young keepers is always a risk, Montreal should've signed a veteran keeper to help them relieve some pressure. Having a good keeper group in a team is vital. 

Oh yes, the famous MLS pundits, known for their soccer knowledge. They see Montreal at top position for a week and immediately hop on the coach of the year wagon. CF Montreal is a bad managed team.

I watched every game, except for tonight tbf, and Breza has the talent. Just needs to find his feet down the line. He's had a lot of pressure to deal with.

Hard to see exactly what the coach has messed up so far. ?  Midfield player turned him into an all star. Winning despite mediocre back line and goalie. Not a ton of depth.  Working in a young talent and at least one kid back from long term injury in Toye!   In my books this is a team without any ‘stars’ (Insigne Bale, chicharito etc ) who I define as players who are able to  bail you out of games. 

12 hours ago, Ruud said:

Hard to see exactly what the coach has messed up so far. ?  Midfield player turned him into an all star. Winning despite mediocre back line and goalie. Not a ton of depth.  Working in a young talent and at least one kid back from long term injury in Toye!   In my books this is a team without any ‘stars’ (Insigne Bale, chicharito etc ) who I define as players who are able to  bail you out of games. 

Mihailovich is most definitely capable to do that! The guy was basically well on its way to be a very serious candidate for MLS mvp before his injury. That isn't to say the team should be left off the hook for not performing as well since he is no longer around, of course, since those things happen and a team need to adapt but the impact of his injury can't be overstated.

Back on Breza specifically, I have something of a mid-road take on the guy: he is a genuinely good goalie who make solid saves fairly regularly and as the first goaltender of a mid-table team and nothing more he'd be the embodiment of good enough is genuinely good enough.

He does, however, make costly mistakes from time to time, like against Kansas City, and he too rarely has a truly massive game where he is the team's mvp on that day. For the first goaltender of a genuine, if dark horse, contender (who might get to drop the dark horse part when Mihailovich is back) he is ok but definitely not ideal. As a goaltender who has CMNT ambitions and who want to play regularly in a big league accross the pond he need to get significantly better to achieve these goals.

Edited by phil03

9 hours ago, phil03 said:

Mihailovich is most definitely capable to do that! The guy was basically well on its way to be a very serious candidate for MLS mvp before his injury. That isn't to say the team should be left off the hook for not performing as well since he is no longer around, of course, since those things happen and a team need to adapt but the impact of his injury can't be overstated.

Back on Breza specifically, I have something of a mid-road take on the guy: he is a genuinely good goalie who make solid saves fairly regularly and as the first goaltender of a mid-table team and nothing more he'd be the embodiment of good enough is genuinely good enough.

He does, however, make costly mistakes from time to time, like against Kansas City, and he too rarely has a truly massive game where he is the team's mvp on that day. For the first goaltender of a genuine, if dark horse, contender (who might get to drop the dark horse part when Mihailovich is back) he is ok but definitely not ideal. As a goaltender who has CMNT ambitions and who want to play regularly in a big league accross the pond he need to get significantly better to achieve these goals.

Fully agree.  

Edited by Ruud

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.lalaziosiamonoi.it/mercato/calciomercato-non-solo-dragowski-lo-spezia-pensa-al-dopo-provedel-165843

According to some reports in Italy, Spezia Calcio are interested in signing Breza from Bologna. It'd be their second Canadian gk in 3 years. I guess they had a good experience with the last one lol.

Edited by BLennard