Sebastian Breza

Dr.Dre

3 hours ago, ag futbol said:

Wholly crap this kid can play with the ball at his feet. 16/20 passing in the first half. Not just 5 yard lay-offs either

I am not sold on the idea that they can only play out of the back one way though. There were definitely times where a punt upfield seemed like the better option. 

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am not sold on the idea that they can only play out of the back one way though. There were definitely times where a punt upfield seemed like the better option. 

Agreed. Although in fairness I think maybe this was too much of a good thing. 

As you said, a good punt up field is not a bad thing.

Edited by ag futbol

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like we say the same thing of every young GK - 'Great shot stopper, poor distributor.' Distribution probably does take a little longer to develop, but I feel like we're way more likely to notice youngsters making a bad goal kick or two. 

I do agree that Breza has work to do, but I think he's s actually really good at rolling it out. There were a few catches where he immediately threw the ball right into the wingbacks' path - they just never took advantage of it.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Was he at fault for the third Atlanta goal?

Id say so. Really poor reactions to the kick. He waited for it to be well clear of the wall before taking a step towards it, and even after that Im pretty sure he jumped off flat feet without a sliding step to add distance. So that plus the fact that he then went for the two handed stop and got fingertips when he couldn't reached with one means he probably would've made the save were it not for his errors. The freekick also had no dangerous pace, buddy just tried to get it up and over but Breza caught sleeping. Should've done better. 

He should have gone with the one handed punch than the awkward two hands attempt so needs to do better there in terms of judgement, but I can see who he must have been shouting at - on one of the replays (from behind) you can see that Quioto jumps to the side out of the wall and the ball goes right past where his head should have been if he'd held his position.

50 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

He should have gone with the one handed punch than the awkward two hands attempt so needs to do better there in terms of judgement, but I can see who he must have been shouting at - on one of the replays (from behind) you can see that Quioto jumps to the side out of the wall and the ball goes right past where his head should have been if he'd held his position.

It was 3 feet over the head of the wall. 40 yards out wasn't even high or close to the post it was pretty much a few feet to the right and 6 feet high. Should have been easily punched away. If the shot was placed there on a PK it would be 50/50, from 40 yards out its a GK major error.

Edited by SirBobsaget

4 hours ago, SirBobsaget said:

It was 3 feet over the head of the wall. 40 yards out wasn't even high or close to the post it was pretty much a few feet to the right and 6 feet high. Should have been easily punched away. If the shot was placed there on a PK it would be 50/50, from 40 yards out its a GK major error.

No one is suggesting it wasn’t an error by Breza, as I said he still needs to deal with it better once the wall splits apart. It is definitely saveable. Based on the angle from behind which is the best one to judge,  three feet seems like an exaggeration - it looks from that angle like it was headable by Quioto if he jumps up instead of to the side, which is what I suspect Breza is gesticulating about after the goal even though he is ultimately to blame in the end. 

Also, not that it matters much since it still should have been saved, but the shot seems to me like it is from 30 yards out, not 40, given that the wall itself is only about 20 yards from goal (it’s standing within the half circle at the top of the 18).

There are always the same old guys waving their arms and pointing fingers.   If Wanyama was serious about reaming team mates for mistakes, Camacho would have a poop chute the size of the grand canyon by now.   And if I was Breza I would take a chunk out of Quioto...why are you in the wall if you are going to jump sideways???  

11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

The part that worries me is that their dumpster fire of a defence is predominantly Canadian.  For anyone advocating to call up Waterman, it is hard to ignore the run of form he, Miller and Johnston have been on.  

Camacho has been shocking but the rest have hardly been world-beaters.

12 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

The part that worries me is that their dumpster fire of a defence is predominantly Canadian.  For anyone advocating to call up Waterman, it is hard to ignore the run of form he, Miller and Johnston have been on.  

Opponents have enough video with which to scout and right now it seems that the back line is very vulnerable to the press as CFM try to play out of the back

Edited by BearcatSA