Sebastian Breza

Dr.Dre

Missed this transfer! Although the level of play of serie C is not that of MLS, he should get some game time. Serie B is probably the most competitive league in Italy, so for a loan out, I highly doubt a team would've gambled on him for a new starter in January. With serie C, he pretty much guarantees game time. Maybe in the summer he'll head back to the MLS.

But for now, my serie C streaming membership has just gained more value lol

15 minutes ago, BLennard said:

Missed this transfer! Although the level of play of serie C is not that of MLS, he should get some game time. Serie B is probably the most competitive league in Italy, so for a loan out, I highly doubt a team would've gambled on him for a new starter in January. With serie C, he pretty much guarantees game time. Maybe in the summer he'll head back to the MLS.

But for now, my serie C streaming membership has just gained more value lol

Its not the worst thing in the world, as long as he is starting.

• 3 weeks later...

He's fit in pretty well in the team. 3 wins in 3 games, 1 goal against. Before he played his first game, Carrarese hadn't won since December 17th. I'd say Breza has had a positive impact. It's only been 3 games in serie C, but from the highlights and the last game I've seen, he's a lot more confident and dominant compared to his Montreal days.

34 minutes ago, BLennard said:

…., he's a lot more confident and dominant compared to his Montreal days.

The levels will do that to you. 
He has to have the attitude of “I’ve played at a way higher level than this” and this is just a stop gap for him. 

Still surprised this is all his agent could do.

He'll move back up, i have no doubt.  He got worse in his time at CFM, not better.  I'd guess purely down to confidence.  Nancy was pulling some pretty heavy mind games on him and Pantemis, I feel like he burnt them both and played a number on their confidence.  I feel Nancy did well with the team overall and definitely better with all other positions, but the keeper situation is where he failed.  They're both better than they showed with CFM.

He’s also on loan from Bologna still. His goal is probably to make the team, and the best way to do that is to climb up the Italian pyramid, unless he was able to bust out in a superior league, which last year was definitely not the case. He’ll play there for a bit and then try and crack Bologna’s roster next year or go to Série B. Similar path to what Corbeanu has been doing. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, BLennard said:

Still undefeated in 9 games, a really nice start for Breza. He still also hasn't let in more than one goal per game. 

I still feel this guy will be better than he showed with CFM as well as Pantemis. His first 4-5 games he looked good, then got consistently worse by the game.  I feel either CFM's keeper coach or Nancy was doing a negative number on both he and Pantemis.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

That’s an absolutely insane tournament format. You gotta win 6 games to get promoted unless you have a bye, and even with a bye you have to win 3 games to win a single promotion spot. 

Does anyone know if/how frequently a lower seeded team wins promotion?

I think this is only the 2nd year they have made it this complicated. 

Last year Palermo won it. They finished 3rd in their division.

6 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

That’s an absolutely insane tournament format. You gotta win 6 games to get promoted unless you have a bye, and even with a bye you have to win 3 games to win a single promotion spot. 

Does anyone know if/how frequently a lower seeded team wins promotion?

You're not even counting the fact that Round 3-6 are two leg ties. So in theory a Round 1 team needs to play 10 matches to get promotion

5 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

You're not even counting the fact that Round 3-6 are two leg ties. So in theory a Round 1 team needs to play 10 matches to get promotion

By the looks of it, they play a 38 game regular season too, so if you start in round 1 and get promoted, you’d have played 48 games in a season, not counting cup (?) games. That’s crazy

4 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

By the looks of it, they play a 38 game regular season too, so if you start in round 1 and get promoted, you’d have played 48 games in a season, not counting cup (?) games. That’s crazy

They have a Cup too

• 1 month later...