Sebastian Breza

Dr.Dre

54 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Yverdon’s head coach also coached IMFC in 2013- looks like there’s maybe a bit of a connection there, I wonder if that factored in to Bologna sending him there. A few players have played both for Montreal and Yverdon.

Marco was suspended 4 times and sacked if anything it would have worked against him likely.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 8:47 PM, dyslexic nam said:

Interesting.  Not sure what to make of that.  

I suspect Sirois is not as much a lock for the starting position as we think. There must have been some language in the negotiations between Breza and Montreal that he would get a shot at the starting spot.

33 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I suspect Sirois is not as much a lock for the starting position as we think. There must have been some language in the negotiations between Breza and Montreal that he would get a shot at the starting spot.

I don't think Sirois is a "lock" in the same way that Pantemis or Breza weren't locks despite looking fine during their times, but I don't think Breza has the leverage to ask for a shot at the starting gig as part of his contract. Montreal is more or less the only team he's been successful at, he's from here, it makes sense for him to come home in any capacity, but I've watched him put up a lot more stinkers than Sirois has. He was in nets during that fateful KC - CFM game where he gave up two absolute stinkers against the worst team in the league in a loss that was so bad that Saputo came down to the dressing room and pretty much irrevocably destroyed his relationship with Nancy, starting Montreal's downfall and kickstarting Columbus' title run.

I do think that Sirois could easily lose his starting spot after a few bad games in a row, but I think it's his to lose. With how great he was at home- I think Montreal has already nearly sold all of their season passes, so Saputo should remain a fortress next season- I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt, but his underlying numbers were shaky enough that I don't think he's guaranteed a spot. New coach too, so he might step into training camp and immediately become partial to one guy over the other.