Sebastian Breza

Dr.Dre

Played a pretty solid game, made some good saves and looked pretty confident. First goal he couldn't do anything about it, but second goal, his position was off. Montreal played like crap and they've got their goalie to thank for it only ending 2-1.

For a first game in more than a year, I'd say he was pretty darn impressive. Hope he starts next game. 

He looked great last night considering it was only his second start.  I feel he's passed Pantemis, he just seems more composed and mature, smarter with the ball at his feet, more confident on crosses, set pieces and corners, where Pantemis is a spectacularly quick shot blocker.  The rest of Pantemis' game is just too shaky, he gave up two "Borjan style goals" all on his own (yes, that's a thing - you all know exactly what it means) and a few other close calls and has not learned from them.

Only question is if he's done enough to keep the position ahead of Diop.  Diop was back on the bench last night.  One has to think CFM would rather have Breza or Pantemis in there as opposed to Diop due to salary, longevity and nationality.

1 hour ago, costarg said:

He looked great last night considering it was only his second start.  I feel he's passed Pantemis, he just seems more composed and mature, smarter with the ball at his feet, more confident on crosses, set pieces and corners, where Pantemis is a spectacularly quick shot blocker.  The rest of Pantemis' game is just too shaky, he gave up two "Borjan style goals" all on his own (yes, that's a thing - you all know exactly what it means) and a few other close calls and has not learned from them.

Only question is if he's done enough to keep the position ahead of Diop.  Diop was back on the bench last night.  One has to think CFM would rather have Breza or Pantemis in there as opposed to Diop due to salary, longevity and nationality.

I don’t think Diop is there after this year, Pantemis can play, as can Breza and Sirois is likely the best of the bunch and to make things more interesting…. They have a 16 year old academy keeper who was at camp and trains with them. Not to mention in the Can PL there are MTL born keepers who could easily come in, if not one of the top Can PL keepers would be both cheaper and effective as a 3rd string in place of Diop.

9 minutes ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Quite the goalie factory in PQ. Odd how football and hockey mirror each other here. Wasn't the last decent NHL keeper from Toronto Kevin Weekes? You'd probably have to go back as far in soccer. I can't even think who that would be. 

Yea, to be honest I don’t think it will be long before all the MLS teams in Canada have only CDN keepers…

MTL and Van are very close and sheet TFC will find a keeper soon. Give them that they have 3 Can PL clubs in their province alone to scout a potential backup… 

Renard values the undervalued, if he can do that with Can PL players it’s a huge advantage. I think Vancouver is slowly heading there… anyways, we have like 20 CDN goalies in the Can PL, surely 1-2 can fill a role cheaply in MLS.

1 hour ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Quite the goalie factory in PQ. Odd how football and hockey mirror each other here. Wasn't the last decent NHL keeper from Toronto Kevin Weekes? You'd probably have to go back as far in soccer. I can't even think who that would be. 

They literally have a prospect named Vezina