Cyle Larin

shermanator

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Ugh, that is so disappointing, but they are a good side and he should get more of a chance there. This has got to be disappointing for Larin though.

This actually might do wonders to make larin a bigger deal in mainstream canada. Olympiakos' fan club in Toronto is both large and loyal. When they played milan in toronto in 2014, at least 75% of that 9k crowd was for Olympiakos. Could also result in some crossover fans for national team games.

Edited by matty

Poor translation time (brought to you by google):

It was claimed that Cyle Larin was on the way to Olympiakos, which Besiktas reported to the KAP that negotiations had begun.

A surprise claim by Cyle Larin that Besiktas had signed the contract ... Greece's Nova Sport Radio claimed that Olympiacos, who left Emenike out of the squad, agreed to buy the Canadian player's club Orlando.

Larin danger in Besiktas

Besiktas is preparing to make a dangerous move in the meantime, Cyle Larin'ın FIFA plans to play with permission. FIFA always takes this document for the soccer players to play. But experts warn: If Besiktas plays Larin with this document, Orlando City will take the interest determined by Besiktas, where he won his compensation claim.

From another article................

The contract, which ended at the end of 2017 by the Orlando City club, was unilaterally extended to 2019 and the 22-year-old scorer said he wanted to continue his career in Beşiktaş. Cyle Larin, who gave the legal battle against the US team, was told that he would stay in the black-and-white suit by paying financial compensation if necessary. Besiktas Administration also announced that the possible penalty from the United States was to pay for Larin. Meanwhile, the Orlando City club has learned that Cyle has sent all the documents about Larin to Besiktas. The US team, which claims to be the official contract with Canadian footballer until the end of 2019, requested Besiktas to comply with international transfer rules. It was alleged that Orlando City, ready to negotiate with Besiktas, was expecting an official offer from black-whites. On the other hand, it was not confirmed that Olympiacos is offering Orlando City for Cyle Larin. It is reported that the Greek team is in search of strikers but that there is no attempt for Canadian footballer until now. (Nationality)

Edited by Obinna

4 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

Turkish media reporting Larin deal has broken down and he will now sign with Olympiakos in Greece.

Source

Turkish media so as always grain of salt.

It seems that Nova sport radio is based in Greece though.

Forgive the translation quality:

Nova Sport Radio Claims Olympiacos Understands Orlando City for Cyle Larin 5 k Mert Koper16 ENE 2018 Besiktas brought a surprise claim to Larin, which he brought to Istanbul and had undergone health checks.

Nova Sport Radio claimed that Olympiacos, who left Emenike out of the squad, agreed to buy Canadian actor Larin's club Orlando City.

Orlando City Club Vice-President Diogo Kotscho had a stunning statement to Milliyet about Cyle Larin, who brought Besiktas to Istanbul through health checks. "I've never seen anything like this before in my life, it's very strange," Kotscho said when he saw the Canadian golcoun's Besiktas formated photographs, he was amazed.

Nova Sport Radio claimed that Olympiacos, who left Emenike out of the squad, agreed to buy Canadian actor Larin's club Orlando City.

- Seba Soldiers (@sebaaskerleri) January 16, 2018

Diogo Kotscho voiced that Cyle Larin is contracting until the end of 2019, "Cyle Larin is our actress and we have 2 more years of contract. It is not possible for a player in this situation to have a transfer interview without having seen the club himself. Besiktas did not agree with us. He did not even talk to us beyond that. I really can not believe what happened. Beşiktaş has violated many issues regarding the international transfere. "(Milliyet)

So it seems to me that Larin wants to join Besiktas and Orlando meanwhile have agreed to sell him to Olympiakos, as that would ensure they get a transfer fee.

Interesting stuff.

7 hours ago, Obinna said:

So it seems to me that Larin wants to join Besiktas and Orlando meanwhile have agreed to sell him to Olympiakos, as that would ensure they get a transfer fee.

Where are you reading that? I don't see it in these articles.

Everyone has a part of blame here.

Larin's job is to score goals, not being a legal expert. Whoever is his agent should be fired and banned for life because Larin was poorly adviced here. Keeping that agent is a mistake and I hope he learned from that experience. 

Besiktas shouldn't have made that kind of announcement/stunt without doing their due dilligence on all fronts; legal, FIFA and MLS/Orlando. Them backing down from their claim that they have a solid case make them look bad. Perhaps a PR stunt...who knows. Regardless of what they believed the status of Larin was, they had to be sure.

Oh...MLS and Orlando. Total lack of transparency and communication. That PR mess should have never went this far. Orlando has been reactive and seemingly surprised doesn't make it believable that Larin and Besiktas knew in a reasonable amount of time that Larin was to stay another year at Orlando. Waiting that late to finally clear his status IS against FIFA guidelines on options on contract. I wouldn't be surprised that MGladbach, Leeds and West Ham thought the same but Larin happened to have picked Besiktas.

The lack of transparency and communication from Orlando is flagrant here. I get the "not wanting to lose Larin for nothing" part but still looks bad on Orlando and MLS if that's how they do business intentionally, but most importantly, it's really future young promising players that are the biggest losers here.

If this was Pulisic being held back from going to Dortmund by TFC over the same set of circumstances causing him to end up in Greece or the Championship, OUR American friends would have lost their minds

Borussia M... can still make the move for Larin. I think he would do well in Germany and they would be very patient in developing him further as well. Anyways hope MLS/Orlando can figure something out quickly or reduce price since they now got a disgruntled player wanting to leave. This is a bit crazy and the window still got two weeks or less to make it happen. Just hope it doesn't last to long and window closes.

1 hour ago, mpg_29 said:

It's going to be awkward as hell if he doesn't land somewhere now after essentially going "all-in" on trying to get out of Orlando.

If he's still in MLS send him to Montreal the Canadian movement is real it's real.... Honestly I hope this gets resolved or another European team comes to pay the fee wanted by MLS/Orlando...

26 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

I am a teeny bit surprised that no English clubs appear to be joining the discussion. To be fair I think he would initially be looking at Championship rather than Prem but he obviously has a lot of raw talent and his physicality would be appreciated in England. Bang them in in the Championship and you are off to the prem.

All that said, I think it would be best for him to land in Germany.

He wouldn't get a work permit.

On 20/1/2018 at 10:26 PM, dsqpr said:

"Actor" for "player"! Oh the irony!! (Not aimed at Larin but at footballers in general.)

I don't get what folks find so odd in the online translation, it is perfectly logical.

Actors were called players traditionally and still are, for eg, in amateur theatre. Players who participate in a play. In TO itself there are more than a dozen such groups. 

11 hours ago, Free kick said:

This is why i didnt like the move.  And why i emphasized that the amount of the transfer was relatively very crappy.

Why is this a bad thing? I would rather have him on a mid table team in Turkey then one of the worst teams in MLS.

Better environment and still better future prospects.

On 15/01/2018 at 2:08 PM, badname22 said:

apparently besiktas don't value him very well

Since Free Kick quoted this to make a point i decided to actually read the Google translation of the article. It's an interview with Osmanlispor officials about their transfer window plans and their upcoming 2nd leg match against Besiktas. Larin is mentioned as a loan option at striker and that there is an agreement in place, but it's pending the transfer situation.

There is ZERO written in the article about the transfer fee or how Besiktas value him so it is Jason Foster who is making a subjective opinion on the situation.

Edited by jpg75

46 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Since Free Kick quoted this to make a point i decided to actually read the Google translation of the article. It's an interview with Osmanlispor officials about their transfer window plans and their upcoming 2nd leg match against Besiktas. Larin is mentioned as a loan option at striker and that there is an agreement in place, but it's pending the transfer situation.

There is ZERO written in the article about the transfer fee or how Besiktas value him so it is Jason Foster who is making a subjective opinion on the situation.

Of course. The guy thinks that if you try to get a good deal you don't care what you are negotiating for. He must be independently wealthy, whoever he is. Where you pay more to prove a point. In any case, if you loan a guy out to a team in your own league it is to ensure he adapts to it, and then you can evaluate if he's ready to step into a more demanding side. 

Besiktas has close to 30 million euros to spend after the Tosun transfer, and the window is still open. They seem to be the ones doing the legal battle to get Larin out of the option. It has also been announced that they are willing to pay him a million and a half euros a season, which does not sound like them not valuing him.

The teams that really do not value what they have are MLS clubs, across the board, playing cheap with hardworking, productive players who give them success, and putting them beside guys making twenty times more who do the same or less. Mind you, compare the Larin situation to the Camilo case: at least Orlando has shown themselves willing to improve the contract signficantly. Caps sat there refusing to give the league leading scorer an incentive of any worth, disgraceful cheapo mentality.

21 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The teams that really do not value what they have are MLS clubs, across the board, playing cheap with hardworking, productive players who give them success, and putting them beside guys making twenty times more who do the same or less. Mind you, compare the Larin situation to the Camilo case: at least Orlando has shown themselves willing to improve the contract signficantly. Caps sat there refusing to give the league leading scorer an incentive of any worth, disgraceful cheapo mentality.

This! In a league like the Eredivisie, clubs would be happy to sell their own talent after a 3-4 year shift. It makes sense that the player wants to improve his career and the clubs benefit financially. Half of the time such a player will return anyway, why not give 'm the chance?

5 hours ago, shamrock said:

This! In a league like the Eredivisie, clubs would be happy to sell their own talent after a 3-4 year shift. It makes sense that the player wants to improve his career and the clubs benefit financially. Half of the time such a player will return anyway, why not give 'm the chance?

What gets me is that there is absolutely nothing about MLS contracts and salary policy that makes the league better. Most of their rules make is worse. They are also almost always negative for the players, leaving them defenseless and without the basic labour rights of anyone in society (right of refusal, proper severance, equal pay for equal work).

So why have them? I mean, the bureaucratic gobbly-gook going on is ridiculous, and then they get their butts burnt by option clauses that can't stand up in any FIFA ruling.

Here's a rule I'd put into place. You can't pay a player over a certain amount unless the salary average of the rest of the team is at least 10% of that amount, or similar.