Cyle Larin

shermanator

9 hours ago, Boominbooty said:

Turkish twitter feeds are going nuts saying that Larin is in Istnabul and will be meeting with Besiktas executive tomorrow to finalize everything.  Judging by the Turkish tweets they are WAY more passionate about their football than we are!

And way more excited about Larin than most on here, it seems.

10 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

Well was hoping for BM move, but this is just as good for Larin. He may have to wait a while to get starting minutes, but I am sure he will do well for this team. 

With Cenk Tosun now at Everton and Negredo not in form Larin should get minutes. It's a huge opportunity for CL...unless Besiktas sign another proven striker.

1 hour ago, jordan said:

....and it begins. So negotiations on a transfer/development comp. have probably failed and Besiktas are unilaterally signing him on a Bosman/free transfer. MLS now countering that he is under contract because of the option years and this shit might drag on until summer with Larin in limbo and either Besiktas paying comp. or the case going to the CAS.

Edited by jpg75

1 minute ago, BrennanFan said:

This is probably just a negotiations tactic. Hope Orlando and MLS get screwed.

That's my guess. It's seems to me from the outset Orlando was trying to use the contract options (that Beskitas didn't see as valid) as leverage in negotiating the value and it backfired. 

Just now, matty said:

A non-legally binding contact

I don't believe MLS option years have been tested in court yet. Even if they prove invalid, Larin giving his word and breaking it for his own gain is ugly stuff.

I said the same thing when Camilo pulled this on the Whitecaps and don't see any reason to change my mind because the perp is Canadian this time.

1 minute ago, Benjamin Massey said:

I don't believe MLS option years have been tested in court yet. Even if they prove invalid, Larin giving his word and breaking it for his own gain is ugly stuff.

I said the same thing when Camilo pulled this on the Whitecaps and don't see any reason to change my mind because the perp is Canadian this time.

You should change your mind cause MLS are fucking idiots who keep doing the same thing expecting a different result