Cyle Larin

shermanator

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

What I am not sure about in that translation is where it says he won't be paid.

That confused me for a second but then the next line says he was still under contract with Orlando through 2018, then mention a dollar amount, and then his rumoured salary. I am pretty sure they were talking about a transfer fee. They thought they might get him on a free transfer, but in the end they had to pay.

43 minutes ago, Kent said:

That confused me for a second but then the next line says he was still under contract with Orlando through 2018, then mention a dollar amount, and then his rumoured salary. I am pretty sure they were talking about a transfer fee. They thought they might get him on a free transfer, but in the end they had to pay.

I've been going through a number of Turkish sites and some suggest the opposite, that they are not going to pay in the end. That he is leaving without a transfer fee. One article said they offered Orlando half a million, which was refused, so that now it is nothing. So I am wondering if the same interpretation as that applying to Camilo in his day is being activated here.

One article also said, in translation mind you, that he was already officially a Besiktas player but would not be available for 45 days, which also had me wondering. Is there a sort maximum period for international transfers they are expecting to be applied from the US?

35 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I've been going through a number of Turkish sites and some suggest the opposite, that they are not going to pay in the end. That he is leaving without a transfer fee. One article said they offered Orlando half a million, which was refused, so that now it is nothing. So I am wondering if the same interpretation as that applying to Camilo in his day is being activated here.

One article also said, in translation mind you, that he was already officially a Besiktas player but would not be available for 45 days, which also had me wondering. Is there a sort maximum period for international transfers they are expecting to be applied from the US?

In the end, I thought Queretero ended up paying for Camilo? 

It would be a shame if Larin couldn't play for a month and a half.

On 1/4/2018 at 6:41 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

badname22 just wait for it. We will soon find out that those guys really don't count either. We are going to have to do some more research, this is going to be a hard argument to win.

I say, just go to the Wiki page of foreign players who have been through Turkey. Makes you wonder if it is an alright place for an emerging player who has already launched his career.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_Süper_Lig_players

Really. What a cop out. Not even gonna bother with picking some relevant examples?

This is such a joke. Every season well known players go to the Superlig because they can't hack it at the top level any more. There will probably be some this January for that matter.

And Okacha, went to Turkey from Germany, which fits more with my narrative. And he had been a pro for 6 years already!!

On 1/3/2018 at 4:32 PM, Havoc88 said:

LOL well you clearly have no idea what the average prime years is in world football.

What the fuck are you talking about? Footballers often start their senior careers at 16 years old. It's not like in NA sports where people start their careers at 21/22, after college.

YOU clearly have no idea.

On 1/3/2018 at 6:18 PM, badname22 said:

The fist too didn't really end their careers in turkey though, they came  to Turkey develop  and because of that they got moves to big teams in big leagues. 

In terms of the last two, you not knowing the players doesn't make my arguement any worse, Amrabat went on to sign for Watford and Bruma has been a starter for Lepzig this year.  

If you want more examples I got you with that too: 

-Gabriel Tamas to Spartak (aged 20). He went on to play at the top of England,France and Spain as well as the Champions league.

-Jay-Jay Okocha to PSG (24 at the time). His legacy is well known. 

Tamas playe 6 games!!! He was clearly to good for the Superlig and got poached. Had played on 3 different pro teams before he made the move.

Okocha had been pro for 6 years before he went to Turkey.

On 1/3/2018 at 5:41 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

What are you trying to say then? That first, you can't be a Turk, they don't count. Then, you have to go to Turkey really young, launching age? You basically cannot have started yet. You have to be an amateur going pro. Fine. Then you have to move through the Turkish ranks and burst onto the scene somewhere else. And become well-known enough for it to count for you. 

All the while ignoring that Larin has already launched his career in MLS, three years ago. Which makes us wonder what exactly you are trying to argue.

Why don't you just keep up with this generous line of logic and offer to buy us all a drink if Borjan scores in his next outing for Canada. We'll all go home saying what a generous guy you are, no doubt.

Larin is not Turkish. That is why they don't count.

I mean, comparing the careers of domestics and internationals in almost any football league would be stupid. You think a player like Marcus Haber would have had so much trouble if he was Scottish by birth?

It is all a mute point anyway.

Needless to say, I will be hoping that his time in Besiktas is productive, but short. leading to a move to a bigger club in the summer. But if he is on a mult-year.... geeze.

Best of luck to him either way.

1 minute ago, Wingback6 said:

Larin is not Turkish. That is why they don't count.

I mean, comparing the careers of domestics and internationals in almost any football league would be stupid. You think a player like Marcus Haber would have had so much trouble if he was Scottish by birth?

It is all a mute point anyway.

Needless to say, I will be hoping that his time in Besiktas is productive, but short. leading to a move to a bigger club in the summer. But if he is on a mult-year.... geeze.

Best of luck to him either way.

Why don't you do your slagging of the Turkish league when we criticized your incoherent positions on it, and the bile that goes along with it, when these posts were made? Weeks ago? Very poor sportsmanship to wait until he is signed for a team playing Champions League, making him one of our highest paid players and the one with the most glowing upside. Your attempt to denigrate a solid mid to high level European league is unconvincing. But nice try. 

Oh, and you say "moot point", the only "mute points" here are going to be yours.

6 hours ago, C2SKI said:

In the end, I thought Queretero ended up paying for Camilo? 

It would be a shame if Larin couldn't play for a month and a half.

This is what I am wondering, if Besiktas feels they have to make a payment anyways, even though the contract can be broken under the same principle as the Camilo case (which I am no expert on).

As for why it said on that one report a 45 day wait, no idea.

https://www.ntv.com.tr/spor/cyle-larin-besiktasta-cyle-larin-kimdir%2cCDzL7GXG9kmlaFDuQc25dg

The above article says no transfer fee will be paid to Orlando, that he will make half a million for this season, and 1.5 for each successive season. Perhaps the question of him playing has to do with this, but I don't see why. If he is going to their winter break camp this week, and he is on form, then he won't need much more of a preseason, maybe in 3 weeks he could be playing.

On 1/9/2018 at 4:00 AM, Wingback6 said:

What the fuck are you talking about? Footballers often start their senior careers at 16 years old. It's not like in NA sports where people start their careers at 21/22, after college.

YOU clearly have no idea.

LOL footballers often start their senior careers at 16?? Wow thanks for the insight. All this time I thought most 16yr olds were playing on U17 academy teams.

Next thing you know you're going to tell us all Sam PIette is fat.

Edited by Havoc88

On 08/01/2018 at 6:04 PM, Bertuzzi44 said:

Larin will score a brace in the second leg versus Bayern Munich to take Besiktas through to the Champions League semis. :D

/dream

Hopefully Bayern can come down with some team wide 3 week long flu. Paderborn with Wassey play them in the quarterfinals of the DFB Pokal and then Hutch and Latin have them in the Champions league.

Reading more Turkish press, with translations, news today is that according to Besiktas Larin is negotiating with Orlando City, and so are they. I am not sure what this means, but as they are in the midst of conversations, they are also looking at a lot of other potential strikers for the winter transfer period, as there are a lot, and competent, available. 

I got a sense that Larin wanted to leave on proper terms by some of the articles, when you are getting the translations they are not that concise.

Realizing that in spite of reports on Monday, this is not a done deal yet, it is still in the works.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Reading more Turkish press, with translations, news today is that according to Besiktas Larin is negotiating with Orlando City, and so are they. I am not sure what this means, but as they are in the midst of conversations, they are also looking at a lot of other potential strikers for the winter transfer period, as there are a lot, and competent, available. 

I got a sense that Larin wanted to leave on proper terms by some of the articles, when you are getting the translations they are not that concise.

Realizing that in spite of reports on Monday, this is not a done deal yet, it is still in the works.

Whatever happened with the possibility of him going to the Bundesliga for Borussia Mönchengladbach????.... Is that a dead deal now???.... According to multiple sources I read, they were the winners of this sweepstakes... Sounds you got more inside knowledge to this whole situation, lol.

6 hours ago, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

Whatever happened with the possibility of him going to the Bundesliga for Borussia Mönchengladbach????.... Is that a dead deal now???.... According to multiple sources I read, they were the winners of this sweepstakes... Sounds you got more inside knowledge to this whole situation, lol.

I think there was only a SUN article from England on that possibility, beside literally dozens from Turkey. And I have not seen the German press saying anything of importance on the subject. But it is clear there is time to resolve the question still.