Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

6 hours ago, jordan said:

"Kris, he has been a great servant to the club in his two spells here but feels it is time to return home to Canada after spending several years here in Ireland and in other parts of Europe."

Sounds like Kris Twardek has already been recruited by a Canadian team, most likely in the CanPL and the best bet is Ottawa, his home town.

37 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

"Kris, he has been a great servant to the club in his two spells here but feels it is time to return home to Canada after spending several years here in Ireland and in other parts of Europe."

Sounds like Kris Twardek has already been recruited by a Canadian team, most likely in the CanPL and the best bet is Ottawa, his home town.

He had 3 contract offers before, and signed over there, so money must be better this time

2 hours ago, K Edgar said:

Thanks for posting this, K Edgar!

It would certainly boost the level of play in the CPL if some of these players joined CPL clubs. As Unnamed Trialist pointed out, we need a young guy or two or three (preferably Canadian) to become real stars in the league. I wonder if there is a way for the CPL to effectively lure some of these guys to replace lesser players on CPL rosters. 

I hope to see the league become more involved in doing a great job developing Canadian youngsters.

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Looks like he's been there since 2021 and has made a grand total of 0 first team apperances. Don't know if CPL is the answer but it may soon be time for him to move on. 

Ya.

He spent this year in Finnish 2nd tier on loan. 

Probably time to come home

52 minutes ago, narduch said:

I don't think he played a single game in the calendar year 2023

So, you are suggesting a target for Valour?  Seriously, left footed and can play left-back, I think Valour would be a good home for him.  Assuming his knee is fully healed and he can still run faster than the pylon Valour currently uses.

• 4 weeks later...