Canada vs Ghana Tuesday Oct 13th, Washington DC

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Floro is the man. Clearly he's quite the puppet master convincing players to come back to the squad like Cavallini or get others to commit like Aird, Bustos and Junior. Happy to see Thomas called up too. Also nice that Canada has more competition for positions. See ya later Unattached FC. 

Not exactly our strongest roster, nonetheless will be very interesting to watch. Several critical omissions.

JDG - Injury?

Will Johnson - Injury

Hutch - ?

Piette - U23

Larin - U23

Henry - Still injuried? what the deal

Teibert, Osorio, Akindele - MLS playoff push

Who else am I missing??? Love the depth we are building though.

A lot of fringe guys on the roster.  Last chance to prove they can contribute at this level.  

Would have liked to see the main squad get another chance to gel, but still, im ok with this.  

Rumour I've heard the Technical staff, not just Floro, does not like Osorio's attitude in general.  His absence even on this B roster pretty much confirms there is an issue.  Time for Osorio to swallow his pride and make amends just as Teibert had to do to get back on the team.  Really old school stuff going on at the CMNT these days.

Wow. Lefevre, Bustos, Cavillani, Aird, Hoilett.

We're going to have some serious options for November WCQ.

Me thinks Floro may have used his connections in Spain to leverage Lucas's call up. Maybe I get you a transfer to Spain if you show up for us. Rumor was Lucas was looking for a transfer to Spain in January.

Hopefully Oso is back for WCQ. Hutch is not needed. He'll be there wcq.

Me thinks Floro may have used his connections in Spain to leverage Lucas's call up. Maybe I get you a transfer to Spain if you show up for us. Rumor was Lucas was looking for a transfer to Spain in January.

I really hope he can secure a move to Spain. We will be able to see how his skills apply in a more competitive league.

Where is all this depth coming from. Exciting times. Look at these names who aren't included for various reasons. 

Akindele, Osorio, Teibert, Henry, Larin, Jakovic, Johnson, hutch,piette. Happy for inclusion of aird, bustos, hoilett, cavallini, lefevre. Big hopes for Petrasso and Boakai. Wow I hope everyone can integrate super quick but I am afraid it isn't enough time. We need to get to the HEX. F*** ya

Where is all this depth coming from. Exciting times. Look at these names who aren't included for various reasons. 

Akindele, Osorio, Teibert, Henry, Larin, Jakovic, Johnson, hutch,piette. Happy for inclusion of aird, bustos, hoilett, cavallini, lefevre. Big hopes for Petrasso and Boakai. Wow I hope everyone can integrate super quick but I am afraid it isn't enough time. We need to get to the HEX. F*** ya

In past years at this stage it was more than probable that bias was why we'd suggest we were at least the 2nd best team in our group.

I don't think that's the case anymore.  On paper this is turning into a good CONCACAF side, lets hope we quickly learn to play like one.

Very happy with this roster. There's been so many questions about a lot of these guys I'm glad they're finally being answered.

The only surprise to me is Nana. I haven't watched him since the two games against Iceland but I don't see how he fits into the program. I would have rather seen a couple of the other NASL guys get a chance because we already know what Nana brings to the table.

So what's our best lineup for this game with all the new guys in? Id go with something like this.

Cavallini

Hoilett                                     Ricketts

Bekker        Bustos

Straith

DeJong       Lefevre    Edgar        Aird

Borjan

Floro is the man. Clearly he's quite the puppet master convincing players to come back to the squad like Cavallini or get others to commit like Aird, Bustos and Junior. Happy to see Thomas called up too. Also nice that Canada has more competition for positions. See ya later Unattached FC. 

Totera has been saying this is more to do with Victor than Floro.

Does anyone know whether them listening Aird as a Midfielder is actually an indication of how they intend to use him or just done by the person putting together the release. Would like to see him get a shot at RB. 

The CSA has a very small staff and I'm guessing Gavin Day is the one in charge of putting these releases together so I would assume that's an indication of how the coaching staff sees him. Although I think these designations are pretty fluid.

So what's our best lineup for this game with all the new guys in? Id go with something like this.

Cavallini

Hoilett                                     Ricketts

Bekker        Bustos

Straith

DeJong       Lefevre    Edgar        Aird

Borjan

Not enough defensive midfielders.

Archived