Canada vs Ghana Tuesday Oct 13th, Washington DC

Hopefully he is back in for November, especially if he continues to get minutes. 

Stamatopoulos

Attakora  Lefevre  James  Adekugbe

Edgar

Aird             Froese                    Hoilett

Ricketts

Cavallini 

Never going to happen though, most likely closer to what balderdash says:

Borjan

Ledgerwood  Edgar  Hainault  De Jong

Straith

Ricketts  Bekker  Froese   Hoilett

Haber

Wouldn't be sure Hoilett will start, depends how match fit he is. 

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading that article makes me think Floro is leaving off Osorio, in part, to motivate him. It makes me think that there's not a huge rift between them. It makes me think he'll be called in for Vancouver.

I think we will see him in Vancouver also.

Midfield

Conclusion - Approach is to rest all of our regulars to create room for depth building, with Bekker being the exception. No surprise because he is the regular most likely to see the bench with a full strength squad. Osorio is still in the dog house.  The rest are all being giving a break and an opportunity to focus on their club play. Floro knows what they can do. Also think this is a sign Issey fallen behind Tissot in the pecking order.

This made me check on Issey, their season is over but after (now) they play their cup like a Champion's round, 4 groups of four, top going to semis, final played early November. His team played yesterday and will in 2 weeks, so he is on form and could have been called in as they have a break for FIFA dates. I think (they had to make up a postponed match). Anyways,   they are not going through to the next round, I think they are already out, so his season will end later this month. 

Odd he'd start vs. Belize but not be called here, is he really part of the core squad for qualifying?

David Edgar suffered a hamstring injury on the weekend, I wonder if he will be ready in time to start this match. My feeling is that we will see a pairing of Hainault and Straith.

With November's match being so HUGE, I don't see any reason at all to risk further injury in a meaningless friendly ... get well David!

What's with our federation constantly letting itself be bullied?  How is Larin not here OR with the U23s?  Where is Hutchinson? We kinda need these guys to have one match with Hoilett etc. before we enter the biggest part of our schedule.

We need our starting striker for this match, period.  Do you think TFC would be able to hold Altidore or Bradley back from a match just before WCQ?  Hell no and they (USMNT) actually have depth!  Why can't we tell Orlando to go F themselves?!  Sorry you guys aren't making the playoffs as an expansion team but we have a kind of important thing called World Cup Qualifiers next month... 

When was the last time we had 80% of our roster even?  This is a joke and our leadership is a joke.  Don't get me wrong, I love the new faces here but there are so many confusing things that go along with them like for instance why are Jordan Hamilton/Manny Aparicio here and not with the U23s?  They can't possibly be in contention for November matches.

Why are the Whitecaps such pricks?  We all know you're not going to give Marco Bustos any minutes so why couldn't he be with the U23s?  I bet if Bryce Alderson was still with Vancouver they would have held him back too.  Who is making these decisions?  It can't possibly be Carl Robinson... are the Whitecaps angry that Teibert doesn't get more time and they're being pricks as a result?  Grow up. 

Because they are called up for the Ghana match.

Adekugbe, Bustos and Froese will leave after the October 3 match versus San Jose Earthquakes to join the national team in Orlando, Florida before flying to Washington, DC for the international friendly. They are expected to rejoin Whitecaps FC in time for the October 14 road match at FC Dallas.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2015/10/03/adekugbe-froese-bustos-called-canada-friendly-versus-ghana

Because they are called up for the Ghana match.

Adekugbe, Bustos and Froese will leave after the October 3 match versus San Jose Earthquakes to join the national team in Orlando, Florida before flying to Washington, DC for the international friendly. They are expected to rejoin Whitecaps FC in time for the October 14 road match at FC Dallas.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2015/10/03/adekugbe-froese-bustos-called-canada-friendly-versus-ghana

I thought a Caps fan posted last week that these players were released for the U23's but that there were so many restrictions placed on the release (after October 3rd, and with recall clause) that the CSA didn't bother? At least with the senior team call-up there was no negotiating.

I thought a Caps fan posted last week that these players were released for the U23's but that there were so many restrictions placed on the release (after October 3rd, and with recall clause) that the CSA didn't bother? At least with the senior team call-up there was no negotiating.

Yes to tmcmurph this is the correct answer.  They were called to the Ghana match AFTER they weren't released for the U23s.

This would have been a nice opportunity for Teibert to start in central midfield for one final look before November.  I can't see him starting on the wing for us as he couldn't before and now with Hoilett and Cavallini he definitely won't.

Yes to tmcmurph this is the correct answer.  They were called to the Ghana match AFTER they weren't released for the U23s.

Or maybe the CSA wanted them for both and were told "pick one" so they did. I've heard nothing official from either the CSA or the Caps about the U23 call up so that is just speculation / rumour (including my "pick one") unless you or the original poster has a link or quote from the CSA/Caps about it.

Archived