Canada vs Ghana Tuesday Oct 13th, Washington DC

Someone on the MLS forum was asking why it was being played in the States, so naturally as a smart ass I posted

"These matches are held in neutral locations due to the ferocious fights that happen between the fans. Canada and Ghana have a heated political history and it usually boils over from the pitch, into the stands.  "

Some people laughed and some were concerned how Canada made enemies haha gullible.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone on the MLS forum was asking why it was being played in the States, so naturally as a smart ass I posted

"These matches are held in neutral locations due to the ferocious fights that happen between the fans. Canada and Ghana have a heated political history and it usually boils over from the pitch, into the stands.  "

Some people laughed and some were concerned how Canada made enemies haha gullible.

Nice!

I live a Metro ride away, so I am planning to go. 

Besides db707 (who lives in the DC area), now that this is CSA official and tickets are on sale, who's planning on going to this?

once official whos in for a quick road trip?

191 bucks return from Toronto. Not bad...

so lets make our presence felt down there!

I'm seriously thinking about it.

Rob, if you're planning on coming down from Sask, might as well save for the Vancouver game unless you're going to both games or you really want to visit Washington DC.

Besides db707 (who lives in the DC area), now that this is CSA official and tickets are on sale, who's planning on going to this?

Rob, if you're planning on coming down from Sask, might as well save for the Vancouver game unless you're going to both games or you really want to visit Washington DC.

If I was independently wealthy and didn't care about the possibility of coming home to find the locks changed, I'd be at all the games.

Likely only Vancouver for me this round with a slight possibility of attending the home leg in March. The DC game is right in the middle of a long and very busy Winnipeg work trip so that's not going to happen I'm afraid.

Well done, that is hilarious.

Not sure who all is in at this point, but as I am quitting my job of six and a half years earlier that day, I certainly plan on having a good time regardless of the result.

Im losing faith in floro and his player selections. Especially after the game osorio had today  

give it up floro. You made your point and punished him for making a scene for being subbed off. He missed 2 wcq. Move on. He is a player deserving of a spot after his play of late. Piette wont be in camp yet there is no room for osorio? Smh 

@JohnMolinaro: I talked to Osorio after the game tonight. It doesn't sound like he's going to be called up for the Ghana friendly. #canMNT

@JohnMolinaro: I talked to Osorio after the game tonight. It doesn't sound like he's going to be called up for the Ghana friendly. #canMNT

Is that because of Floro or TFC though - TFC aren't qualified for the playoffs yet and they play one day after Canada does. Osorio being a starter for TFC & this being a friendly, I can see why they wouldn't release him if he was called.

Is that because of Floro or TFC though - TFC aren't qualified for the playoffs yet and they play one day after Canada does. Osorio being a starter for TFC & this being a friendly, I can see why they wouldn't release him if he was called.

according to john molinaro, he asked osorio if he thought the reason he was to be left out was because of club commitments. Osorio said that wasnt the reason why. It appears floro strictly does not want osorio in camp

@markie8002000: @JohnMolinaro It wouldn't have to do with TFC playing Wedneday and canmnt playing on Tuesday??

@JohnMolinaro: @markie8002000 He didn't seem to think so.

@HarJournalist: @JohnMolinaro Floro told me that they have Atiba and Will Johnson playing at Oso's position and that's why he didn't get called up. #CanMNT

@JohnMolinaro: @HarJournalist But he doesn't need cover for one of those guys? Suddenly he has such MF depth he can afford to leave Oso at home? Absurd.

I'm so glad this is a fucking thing now.  I look forward to this with every roster release.

With reporters pumping these kids' tires, even if they did get called, there would be complaints if they sat on the bench (which is the most likely scenario).  Nothing like perpetuating completely unfound opinions that player X is arbitrarily better than player Y.  That must help so much in running the team.

There is an imbalance in the media - we have only followers of the MLS clubs and they all practice most of the time access journalism. So they pontificate the views of the clubs since they are the ones buttering their bread. Plus, we have MLS matches are on tv every week which are largely info commercials like most pro league broadcasts in North America. While the national team is rarely seen.

So, the viewpoint we get is only of the player and/or is his club while the national team is left to wander the media wilderness. Though, the CSA doesn't do much to escape the wilderness.  

I'm interested to see who is in this camp. Some are already committed to U23s, there are playoff races in MLS, and now we hear Aird and maybe Cavallini and Lefevre are going to get a call. We need as many of those who are going to play in WCQs in on the action but I doubt this will be the case. Personally, I would like to see Tomer Chencinski get a call as a back up to Borjan (Stama hasn’t even made the bench in the last few games). Also would be nice to see Aleman come in since he is not with the U23s . CSA twitter indicating roster release probably this Friday.

Based on the tweet, it would actuay leave more questions than answers if Cavallini wasn't called. Again though, it is still very much speculation at this point.

Supposing he was called though, along with Lefvere and Arid, below are the 20 who i'd like to see for this one. In an attempt to curb my optimisim, i'll also make the assumption that Osorio is again passed on, as per John Molinaro comments...

GK - Borjan

GK - Stamatopolis

D - Edgar

D - Lefvere

D - Ouimette

D - De Jong

D - Jakovic

D - Ledgerwood

D/M - Tissot

D/M - Arid

M - Hutchinson

M - Johnson