Canada vs Ghana Tuesday Oct 13th, Washington DC

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been to DC at least 10 times and have spent a lot of time there. A lot of West Africans for sure (mostly Nigerians and some Ghanians of course). I'll be shocked if we're not heavily outnumbered but a flight to the DMV should be cheap from Ontario or Quebec - so lets make our presence felt down there!

Soccer-wise, I am curious as to why Ghana is even interested in playing us. Seems like a strange choice but it will be goof prep for us.

I also wonder if any MLS-based Ghanians will be looked at. Accam (or is it Accan?) at Chicago Fire would be no surprise as he's won a few caps for them in 2015, as has the defender the crew have brought in. Oduro has a single cap for Ghana, is he someone who now gets another chance?

Dare I throw out Opare? Afterall, he is already in DC and although he has been in and out of the starting 11 since he joined DCU (mostly out), Joao Plata was in a similar position when he got called up to Ecuador when they played us at BMO a few years ago.

@Nolando Re: Koffie

That is one name I was forgetting and there are a few more no doubt. It really depends of what Ghana's intentions are, but if it's an experimental camp where their looking at a bunch of players, there's no reason why Koffie wouldn't be under consideration. He's a very good player who'd getting good minutes at one of the best clubs this season.

Even if it was an A team they call I could see them bringing him in out of curiousity. I'm no expert but they don't have a ton of central midfield depth. Essien is done, Muntari is done and I believe their top central midfielders are Rabiu (Kuban Kransador - Russian Prem) and Badu (Udinese). After that it's wide open.....

Also CSA confirmed! http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-mnt-to-face-ghana-in-october-soccer-friendly-p158474

Trevor/Jamie, do you guys have a ticket plan for this game?

EDIT: Added ticket info to the first page. Seems like it may be General admission.

I'm around 50% likely to go down for this game.

Who's in?

Re: Koffie

- Doesn't really matter if he's close to getting Canadian citizenship or not, cause he played if a U20 World Cup for Ghana, and therefore will never be eligible for Canada.

- They've called midfielders in recently from the English Championship, Swedish 1st div and Belgium 1st Div... This is about on par with MLS (especially when he's starting on one of the best teams in the league).

- After the V's cup win he was dancing around the field with a Ghanian flag... maybe this wasn't a purely spontaneous display of patriotism.

Re: Opare

- I really hope they stay away from him. IMO he could really help our CMNT CB depth!

Edited the first post. Tickets are on sale for this. They are general admission at $60.90 USD+taxes each. Really expensive! I hope there is a CSA/Voyageurs discount. Seems like a Voyageurs "section" isn't necessary yet since the whole lower area is GA. Anyone who does go down to DC can simply stick together.

Jamie, any news from your contacts? I know that the Vancouver game is obviously your priority right now.

Archived