Atiba Hutchinson

Obinna

Osorio has already basically been replaced. He's a really good player but he doesn't seem to fit in the current setup unfortunately.

I don't know about that, he's played in every game and been the starter for all but one. We'll see i guess...

Didn't someone bring up that the Osorio haters seemed to be getting stronger:

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/05/projected-starting-xi-philadelphia-union

Look at this comment from a douche called Jason Hawkstone:

"Not Osorio!! Lovitz or Warner, heck even Findlay. I would even have more confidence in "Bitchy the Hawk"! FFS not Osorio

"Not Osorio!! Lovitz or Warner, heck even Findley. I would even have more confidence in "Bitchy the Hawk"! FFS Not Osorio.

I don't know about that, he's played in every game and been the starter for all but one. We'll see i guess...

"Not Osorio!! Lovitz or Warner, heck even Findlay. I would even have more confidence in "Bitchy the Hawk"! FFS not Osorio

"Not Osorio!! Lovitz or Warner, heck even Findley. I would even have more confidence in "Bitchy the Hawk"! FFS Not Osorio.

While the hate is unwarranted, he has been underwhelming this season.

Classic TFC fan. Scapegoating the Canadian player.

Its funny too because Findley was useless as Osorio's replacement last game.

While the hate is unwarranted, he has been underwhelming this season.

I'm going to wait and judge all the players after the team plays a few home games. If you're on the road for the first 7 games you tend to be defending more and have less initiative to push up and attack.

I'm going to wait and judge all the players after the team plays a few home games. If you're on the road for the first 7 games you tend to be defending more and have less initiative to push up and attack.

That's a very good point.

Funny how perspective and opinions change with each person.

A)  I like Osorio and hope Vanney keeps playing him. That may be a little bit of Canadian bias.  Nevertheless, he's a good player, underwhelming this year or not.  You don't just give up on players so quickly.  

B )  I would still welcome Hutch to TFC, though if it were to happen I'm curious to know where he plays.  Does he drop back and allow Bradley to move up, or another midfield option, or play RB?  I know he was there exclusively with PSV, but it's not his preferred spot.

Edited by TC St.Clair

I think that Hutch is best as a CM.  He doesn't have the pure speed that you'd like from your outside midfielders as he hits the downside of his career.   He could be a very good RB but I agree it would be a waste of his talents.

I really only see him taking Cheyrou's or Bradley's spots.  I don't see either of those guys going anywhere this year.

Then there's the salary issue.  He's making 1 million Euro's.  I think he can find a club in Europe that pays him that as well, so I don't see him coming here on anything less than a DP deal.  Both Altidore and Giovinco are playing up to expectations and Bradley seems to be the true leader of the team.  So how would they fit him in?

Edited by baulderdash77

Hutchinson coming home to make less money than American golden boys Jozy and Bradley?  No chance he's missing out on top $$$ and CL football for that, if he is that's ridiculous.  His former teammate Jermaine Jones deal would/should be the minimum $ he is looking for in MLS.

This is just made up rubbish from the agent or assumption.  People definitely know Toronto FC has money to throw around but probably don't realize MLS rules.

As for the Osorio hate.  Just ridiculous, I don't even know what to say about someone who thinks Lovitz or Warner are better options than Osorio.  I think he is the ideal cheap option to have in a technically skilled midfield to compliment the others, of course he isn't going to be the star of the show but his pay reflects that.  He more than pulls his weight on the squad for what he makes.  And honestly Jozy Altidore is getting all this praise but he has been completely garbage outside of two halves of football all season. 

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't they been playing with 3 dmids and a #10?

-----------Giovinco--------

Cheyrou-Bradley-Osorio

Hutch would effectively replace Osorio...

In a 4-4-1-1 with Giovinco as a false 9, kind of like Messi was under Pep.

I would Hutchinson as attacking mid in a diamond formation. Bradley would protect the backline and send bombs deep to Altidore or nice chips to Giovinco.

All those Osorio haters out there are totally off base. The man is a star.

------------Altidore

----------------------- Giovinco

Osorio ----------Hutchinson--------- *Anybody

------------------Bradley-------------------------

In a 4-4-1-1 with Giovinco as a false 9, kind of like Messi was under Pep.

I would Hutchinson as attacking mid in a diamond formation. Bradley would protect the backline and send bombs deep to Altidore or nice chips to Giovinco.

All those Osorio haters out there are totally off base. The man is a star.

------------Altidore

----------------------- Giovinco

Osorio ----------Hutchinson--------- *Anybody

------------------Bradley-------------------------

They have been changing the formation all year.

The same website has an article about Besiktas manager Slaven bilic being linked to West Ham for next year... Think he would try to bring in Hutch to the Prem ( I know theres work permit issues I'm just saying he might try it ) Demba Ba as well.

The same website has an article about Besiktas manager Slaven bilic being linked to West Ham for next year... Think he would try to bring in Hutch to the Prem ( I know theres work permit issues I'm just saying he might try it ) Demba Ba as well.

I saw goal.com linking Bilic to West Ham as well. Would boost Atiba's EPL asspirations no doubt. The coach of Werder Bremen is also linked to hammers, so we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice good for him. Thats 1.5 million euros if he starts in 30 or more matches NET of tax. Not bad not bad.

Also good that his club situation is settled for the summer and the next two years.

Who thinks this sets him up for a move to MLS in 2017 to play out the rest of his career. He'll be 34 then and will have at least 2 good years left in him.

Honestly I'd rather see him in Besiktas than MLS since he's getting experience in Europa.  (much less a fledgling league that doesn't exist yet...hey Atiba, HOLD ON, haven't you heard that there are somewhat unsubstantiated rumors that there might be *maybe* a Canadian league with teams in cities no one knows about?  And it MIGHT pay you 1/30th of the salary that Besiktas is offering you, if it decides to exist?)