Ayo Akinola

masster

19 minutes ago, masster said:

Does mutually agree to terminate mean actually that...or does it mean buyout? Because it doesn't really make sense to terminate when you are on a good salary that you probably won't be able to secure anywhere else.

There would be some sort of buyout.  I assume the mutual agreement would just be to terminate the contract.   TFC would pay out some or all of his remaining $$$ and they would get him off the books in terms of the salary cap hit.  Maybe he concedes some $$ in exchange for the ability to sign a new contract. 

All speculation of course but that sort of scenario makes sense to me.  

5 hours ago, masster said:

Does mutually agree to terminate mean actually that...or does it mean buyout? Because it doesn't really make sense to terminate when you are on a good salary that you probably won't be able to secure anywhere else.

Mutual terminations certainly vary in terms on a  player by player basis.  Usually a player agrees to something like this when they can get another deal at a new club without the need for a transfer (like with Bair).  Based on what I have seen of his play, I am not sure of what kind of demand there is out there for Akinola (certainly not in MLS).  Or maybe he does, who really knows?

I wonder if the Middle East is an option for him. Wasn’t the second Saudi division offering some really good salaries for anyone who wants to come over? Surely the non-government owned Saudi first div teams, or even somewhere like UAE or Oman could give this guy a six figure pay check with low taxes. 

quioto is out there scoring and assisting in the second tier of saudi arabia...they offer good money but they also have the money to say dont come back if you dont perform...

7 hours ago, Big_M said:

quioto is out there scoring and assisting in the second tier of saudi arabia...they offer good money but they also have the money to say dont come back if you dont perform...

Ayo hasn't looked good in three years (unlike Quioto).  There's no way anyone with money is going to offer him anything.  If (and it's a big if) he has anything left in the tank, I think his only shot is to prove it here and now with CPL or USL.  Sign for cheap, score 8 - 10 goals in the first half of the season, and now you're back on the radar - maybe you can even get a trial with a 2nd division team overseas.  But right now, with the recent tape he has?  I don't think so. 😟

8 hours ago, Big_M said:

With all due respect to Ayo, he could only dream of scoring and playing at Quioto's level.  There is no way he even wins a foot race vs the 32 year old.  Needs to set his sights lower and get it back together.  I just hope the quick cash he made has not gone to his head.  Fingers crossed for him.