WCQ - Dominica at Canada, June 16, 2015 at BMO Field

Cblake

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TVA Sports talked about the Impact players and from my interpretation of what Frédéric Lord said, Tissot could be called-up for this, but it doesn't look like Bernier will be called, though both look like they are on the 35-man shortlist for the Gold Cup.

He also started and played a full 90 for Portland, I thought, after remaining on the bench vs. TFC.

Will Johnson started on Wednesday and was subbed out with about 10 to go.  He was subbed off to a standing ovation but it did look like he was limping a bit.  My guess is that the team just left him at home since it wouldn't make sense to play him twice in a week at this point especially if he had a knock.  

Wow... well sucks that he's not eligible, but man, great to see a guy with "options" chomping at the bit to get on board with the CMNT. Very refreshing. Hadn't seen that article yet, so thanks for posting.

After three pages of people rehashing some of the same names that have been floating around of people that haven't accepted calls for years, a nice pleasant surprise for me would be if people didn't turn one twitter comment from an honest journalist who didn't even have first hand info into 3 pages of what our lineup looks like when we start excluding the guys that have been dying to put the shirt on for years...

Seriously, you guys are going to turn me into a Ledgerwood fan yet...

After three pages of people rehashing some of the same names that have been floating around of people that haven't accepted calls for years, a nice pleasant surprise for me would be if people didn't turn one twitter comment from an honest journalist who didn't even have first hand info into 3 pages of what our lineup looks like when we start excluding the guys that have been dying to put the shirt on for years...

Seriously, you guys are going to turn me into a Ledgerwood fan yet...

Man relax. Molinaro said two pleasant surprises and we're having some fun with it. No need to be so negative and call everyone in this thread out. He tweeted to expect one or two suprises and you're trying tell us we arent allowed to speculate on that tweet directly related to the roster. Come on man.

Nobody has been saying "lets exclude this dedicated canmnt player for this guy"

Its fun speculation and we have solid reason to believe a new name will be named to our roster which should improve our team. If you dont want to join in then dont. No need to call everyone out and say it would be a pleasant surprise if the last 3 pages never happened.

I'm guessing Opare is one of the pleasant surprises molinaro is referring to. The pleasant surprise is that he wants to play. Hopefully he gets citizenship before Matt Bonner does, I remember hearing years ago that he tried to play for our basketball team, never heard of he actually got citizenship but he waited a long long time.

I'm guessing Opare is one of the pleasant surprises molinaro is referring to. The pleasant surprise is that he wants to play. Hopefully he gets citizenship before Matt Bonner does, I remember hearing years ago that he tried to play for our basketball team, never heard of he actually got citizenship but he waited a long long time.

Once again, it's not Opare. He isn't eligible right now.

Once again, it's not Opare. He isn't eligible right now.

I know that, I can read he's not eligible. What I said was that:

The pleasant surprise is that he wants to play for canada. That's it. Somebody actually wants to play for Canada and he's getting citizenship. Thanks though.

Archived