WCQ - Dominica at Canada, June 16, 2015 at BMO Field

Cblake

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just purchased two tickets for this game!  Looking forward to the "Road to Russia" with all of you!  

Anyone actually making the jaunt down to Dominica for the June 11 match?

Based on most of the comments I've seen this forum is filled with rich guys ready to fly down to the Caribbean at a moment's notice.

I hope to have that life one day.

Look here white knight. I'm fully appreciative of the work done here and the people doing it so save your shit.

Either way, with 44 posts, I'm glad you're here to support, but you don't really have the institutional memory of what "tickets have always been" so sod off.

Just a little FYI: JDub, who is my son, has been going to MNT matches since before many on here were born and has also been striving to bring many of his soccer buddies to National Team matches for years and taking a financial hit trying to do so as well!

Lets all get along here friends. We're hear for the same purpose and to support the same team. Sometimes its difficult to understand the meaning of ones post.

Group hug all

No group hug required, Califax and I are buds, my point is it is unwise to make assumptions on a member's involvment with The Voyageurs based on the number of posts on this Message Board!

Certainly wrong of me to assume anything or get personal, 0 posts or a billion, 1st game or 100th, family of friends or otherwise.

It was an over reaction to be sure and I apologise. There was no need to go overboard to make my point.

Based on most of the comments I've seen this forum is filled with rich guys ready to fly down to the Caribbean at a moment's notice.

I hope to have that life one day.

Vince193, I wish I could make it down for that match to support our Boys, but I don't have the funds right now to go this time around.  :)

Just curious if anyone was planning to make it down to support the MNT like what has been done in years past in Honduras and Cuba.

Dominica is not an easy island to get to (both cost & time wise), so kudos to whomever does have the opportunity to make it down!  

Go, Canada!

Here, here Vince. It might not necessarily be "rich guys" but it's not guys like me with two small kids (well maybe it is) but I applaud these fans cause they are frickin awesome

Alex, I am not going, either, but I know that our fans have gone down to Cuba and Honduras, for example, in past WC qualifiers.  Kudos to whomever is going because I didn't think Dominica would be hosting this match due to the logistics and cost to get down there.  Unless they are hosting the match in the USA instead?  I haven't seen any confirmation on the CONCACAF website about that yet, so I am not 100% certain.

Alex, I am not going, either, but I know that our fans have gone down to Cuba and Honduras, for example, in past WC qualifiers.  Kudos to whomever is going because I didn't think Dominica would be hosting this match due to the logistics and cost to get down there.  Unless they are hosting the match in the USA instead?  I haven't seen any confirmation on the CONCACAF website about that yet, so I am not 100% certain.

They hosted the first round. They have a relatively new and decent cricket park where the match will be hosted. 

I won't be in the V's section as my back doesn't enjoy standing through a full 90, but I will be making the trip down from K/W. Looking forward to my 1st cap. Will try to bring the camera so I can grab some pics of the expected craziness from the south end.

... almost every other event sold on ticketmaster (including the WNT game in Hamilton) lets you choose your seats with a "buy on map" option, anything at BMO Field allows only the annoying "find seats for me" option. It assumes the best seats are always in the first few rows, even if some of us prefer to sit higher up where we can see more of the game instead of just when the play moves right in front of you.

... with the find seats for me option you can choose to search for the best seats in a lower price point. hence further away from the pitch.

No. It just moves you more out from the middle towards one end or the other. On Ticketmaster now it won't give you anything above Row 10. It's not really much of a problem though, as there probably will be enough empty seats for anyone to just wander up to a higher row if they want to.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived