WCQ - Dominica at Canada, June 16, 2015 at BMO Field

Cblake

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's Akindele and Will Johnson.  It would be a pleasant surprise (and we should all be nervous) if Will is on the roster.  I think it's a happy moment when Tesho accepts the call and I'd be a bit disappointed if he's not on the roster after the 99% sure quote.

Sigh.... dammit, I wish I was a superstar who had dual nationalities playing in a quality foreign league so I can just say "YES, I will play for CANADA," and be a damn example to these schmucks!!!!

Well the good thing is Cavallini hits exactly zero of those criteria

Guys, we've down this road before (at least it seems like it) and have we not learned to keep expectations low? ....anyways, i am going to brace myself to be disappointed and anything positive will be gravy.

If this is not at the very heart of being a CANMNT fan than I dont know what is. 

Finlay and Akindele is what I'm hoping for. 

It won't be on TV, and the CSA media guy won't know until matchday whether or not a web stream will be possible (i.e. if stadium has Internet connectivity to allow it).

Beauty, thanks. 

I'm really getting pumped. Just checked flights to Dominica for fun. Tough place to get to apparently. Let's hope they've got some high-speed connectivity down there.

If I was Finlay I would be pretty pissed being passed over consistently for Miguel Ibarra... he had his cup I can't believe Jurgen doesn't rotate his squad more with a pool so big but more likely Jurgen just calls Ibarra as a "F you" to MLS.  

Serious question. Has a team that has taken part in qualifying this early ever made the World Cup?

The formats have been different in Concacaf over the year and are different across regions (Europe only has 1 mass group stage for example) so it's hard to compare. Trinidad and Tobago went through 4 rounds to qualify for 2006 (including the playoff with Bahrain) consisting of 20 games, which is what Canada would need to do to qualify directly (+2 more games and an extra round if qualified only for the playoff). 

Archived