WCQ - Dominica at Canada, June 16, 2015 at BMO Field

Cblake

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Molinaro tweeted that they wouldn't show the game on the 16th

Terrible. Absolutely Terrible. Selling out to hockey and baseball.

Hopefully the CSA live streams it.

I think its time TSN bought the rights to Canadian Soccer. They're more invested in soccer with MLS and the Womens World cup. They also have a lot more free air time without the national nhl contract.

And LOL to sportsnet showing the champs league final on sportsnet 1 and having the blue jays on all 4 main channels when they're garbage and play 162 games a year.

It was easier to watch the champions league final 20 years ago in Canada when there was 20 less sports channels.

So annoying about the lack of TV coverage.  I take it this means no away leg coverage and no viewing party?

Gavin Day said the CSA will try to live stream the away leg if internet connection allows it. Im guessing that if they will do that in Dominica they will for sure live stream the BMO game similar to the early rounds of the Voyageurs cup btw Edm and Ott.

The formats have been different in Concacaf over the year and are different across regions (Europe only has 1 mass group stage for example) so it's hard to compare. Trinidad and Tobago went through 4 rounds to qualify for 2006 (including the playoff with Bahrain) consisting of 20 games, which is what Canada would need to do to qualify directly (+2 more games and an extra round if qualified only for the playoff). 

Jamaica also played 20 games to qualify in the 1998 cycle. It's a long road, but it's not impossible.

The Champions League final is on Fox, so Sportsnet showing Jays doesn't matter. 

I can't believe they aren't showing the home leg though. But I feel better for flying halfway across the country to watch Dominica now. 

cheers,

matthew

BAH Sherm you beat me to it!!

I'm curious if perhaps the CSA has scored a contract with Bell Media due to the WWC rights? Imagine a world where #CanMNT games are shown on TSN 1, 2, 3, or 5 (not 4 cuz that's the slightly more specialty channel and would be equal to games being sluffed off to Sportsnet One). RELEVANCY!!!!

Isn't TSN 4 the main network for ontario?

TSN2 is the speciality network for ontario.

And the other ones are for other areas of Canada.

On August 25, 2014, the primary TSN service was re-structured into four 24-hour feeds—TSN1, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5—with each designated as the primary TSN network for each region of Canada. TSN now essentially operates as a group of regional sports networks similarly to Sportsnet, alongside the national TSN2; the four channels air some common programming and simulcast major events, but are capable of airing programming autonomously—including alternative national events and studio shows, and regional programming (such as NHL games; subject to blackout outside of the respective team's market)

Here is the map outlining the regional areas served by each channel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:TSN_Regional_Feeds.svg

I've said it before and I'll say it again BeIN has the rights to all CONCACAF WCQ games except the Mexico and US home games. The reason that Sportsnet was able to show those games was because BeIn wasn't in Canada. Now that BeIN is in Canada, they've taken what is theirs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again BeIN has the rights to all CONCACAF WCQ games except the Mexico and US home games. The reason that Sportsnet was able to show those games was because BeIn wasn't in Canada. Now that BeIN is in Canada, they've taken what is theirs.

Isn't BEin like $30 a month? why the heck do they have the rights. Nobody can watch them.

Are we never ever going to be able to watch our MNT again? This is ridiculous.

Has to be Cavalinni.

Id actually put him on the opposite spectrum as the biggest surprise. Not underwhelming. Maybe he shows up and said I'm an idiot for the things I said or that the reporter skewed his words.

But thats probably not going to happen so screw him.

Id actually put him on the opposite spectrum as the biggest surprise. Not underwhelming. Maybe he shows up and said I'm an idiot for the things I said or that the reporter skewed his words.

But thats probably not going to happen so screw him.

Really? And Vittoria would be underwhelming? Both are traitors (at least at some level) but Vittoria was a quality player in the Portuguese league and was on the books for Benfica where as Cavallini has only managed to score at a decent rate in the Uruguayan league. Yes there is more need at striker but it is not even close to a guarantee that Lucas would actually be our best option there. 

Really? And Vittoria would be underwhelming? Both are traitors (at least at some level) but Vittoria was a quality player in the Portuguese league and was on the books for Benfica where as Cavallini has only managed to score at a decent rate in the Uruguayan league. Yes there is more need at striker but it is not even close to a guarantee that Lucas would actually be our best option there. 

to me underwhelming would be emery welshman lol.

And Vitoria is still injured so it wont be him.

Archived