WCQ - Dominica at Canada, June 16, 2015 at BMO Field

Cblake

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cool thing about this post-Youtube live world we are in is that it's lowered the barrier for entry.

Seems to me that from now on, if SN/TSN/CBC won't put the resources in, but it's in a place with good internet, then Gavin will do PbP.

No reason not to,

I'm okay with it as long as it's at least at the level of what we saw for the Canada-Guatemala game in Florida. It's great that the broadcasters are no longer all-powerful gate-keepers who decide what is worth allowing the public to see and not let us see. I look forward to ignoring the broadcasters even more than I do now.

But it is a double-edged sword for anything that's just below the mass-popularity level that gets it onto TV, in that the only people who are going to watch streaming are the ones already interested enough to make the effort to look for it and find it. It won't be attracting many casual fans and possible new viewers, and makes it much more difficult to stand out from everything else and attract attention from the general public.

Canada to host first World Cup qualifier on June 16 at BMO

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4173/canadian-national-team/2015/04/14/10766432/canada-to-host-first-world-cup-qualifier-on-june-16?ICID=HP_BN_1

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-s-men-s-national-team-to-face-dominica-on-june-16-in-toronto-p157658

Tickets go on sale this Friday for as low as $20 and max price is $50. Presale starts today. They also have a deal where if you purchase 3 $30 tickets you get the 4th free. Not bad at all. Looks like they want to pack the place. Great prices, great value for Toronto entertainment. 

http://canadasoccer.com/?gid=1247&t=csa_match

Interesting that the lower rows of the upper eastside are more expensive than the upper rows of the lower eastside. 

... Looks like they want to pack the place...

Interesting that the lower rows of the upper eastside are more expensive than the upper rows of the lower eastside.

I strongly doubt that a Tuesday night Canada-Dominica game will fill 30,000 seats, regardless of ticket prices.

In spite of them yet again disingenuously showing a seating map with prices for the whole stadium, I'm guessing the upper (200) level will be closed. You still can't buy anything in the upper level for the Gold Cup game(s) in July.

I don't know why this is, but for some unknown reason while almost every other event sold on ticketmaster (including the WNT game in Hamilton) lets you choose your seats with a "buy on map" option, anything at BMO Field allows only the annoying "find seats for me" option. It assumes the best seats are always in the first few rows, even if some of us prefer to sit higher up where we can see more of the game instead of just when the play moves right in front of you.

I strongly doubt that a Tuesday night Canada-Dominica game will fill 30,000 seats, regardless of ticket prices.

In spite of them yet again disingenuously showing a seating map with prices for the whole stadium, I'm guessing the upper (200) level will be closed. You still can't buy anything in the upper level for the Gold Cup game(s) in July.

I don't know why this is, but for some unknown reason while almost every other event sold on ticketmaster (including the WNT game in Hamilton) lets you choose your seats with a "buy on a map" option, anything at BMO Field allows only the annoying "find seats for me" option. It assumes the best seats are always in the first few rows, even if some of us prefer to sit higher up where we can see more of the game instead of just when the play moves right in front of you.

never said it would be packed. said they want to pack the place. thats the goal of any sporting event. 

also with the find seats for me option you can choose to search for the best seats in a lower price point. hence further away from the pitch. 

Nah that guy is bang on. Its 2015 and the fact that you can't select your seat in the stadium is baffling.

Also at those price points it will be a massive success if they get...10K?

You think 20 to 50$ is expensive? Not to mention buy 3 get one free. So 25% off. you cant get entertainment for that cheap in toronto.

You think 20 to 50$ is expensive? Not to mention buy 3 get one free. So 25% off. you cant get entertainment for that cheap in toronto.

I think he means on a Tuesday. 30 bucks won't have people sprinting out of their house on a week night.

And also, a lot of people somehow don't know that Canada has a soccer team and even if they do, they don't know games are promoted.

If all tickets were ten bucks, we still might not sell it out. 

I think he means on a Tuesday. 30 bucks won't have people sprinting out of their house on a week night.

And also, a lot of people somehow don't know that Canada has a soccer team and even if they do, they don't know games are promoted.

If all tickets were ten bucks, we still might not sell it out.

I see your point. If it was a womens game though....

Womens basketball and hockey doesnt draw as well as the mens in canada. But soccer outdraws the men.

Women's soccer has had a modicum of success in the past 15 years

To the average person who wants to see a sporting event during the middle of the week - spend $20 to watch Canada/Dominica or $20 to watch Jays/Mets the next night?  Its not even in the same stratosphere.  

To save $6 you can sit elsewhere in the stadium.  The tix have always been $20 in supporters section and well worth it.  The time and effort put in by some on this page to organize the tix and game day should be applauded and not questioned.

To save $6 you can sit elsewhere in the stadium.  The tix have always been $20 in supporters section and well worth it.  The time and effort put in by some on this page to organize the tix and game day should be applauded and not questioned.

Look here white knight. I'm fully appreciative of the work done here and the people doing it so save your shit.

If you could read you would see the break down if what the CSA sent out. No one here is casting aspirsions on anyone but merely asking. A /I have no problem if there is money saved and going to the Vees, in fact I suggested doing it for this game a month ago. I'm exploring the possibility that B / it was an oversight since Jaime is working on tickets for 6 separate games or C/ Im missing something pretty simple.

Very likely we got our tix at the $14 rate plus 4 bucks TM fee which sits them at 18 and we make a little money for the group on a discount that people buying 2 tickets wouldn't get.

Or not. But when I try to pack buts in seats and take a dive on tickets almost every time there is a game because I'm trying to get people excited by bringing them to games, I don't need someone lecturing me on what they think my motives may or may not be for asking a reasonable question to get as many people through the gates as possible.

Either way, with 44 posts, I'm glad you're here to support, but you don't really have the institutional memory of what "tickets have always been" so sod off.

Very likely we got our tix at the $14 rate plus 4 bucks TM fee which sits them at 18 and we make a little money for the group on a discount that people buying 2 tickets wouldn't get.

I'd think much of the little money then goes to the T-Shirt for 5+ tickets offer.  And I doubt it will ever compensate the amount of money lost last year on the U20 Womens World Cup ticket fiasco.

If someone really wants 50 tickets, they could probably take Jamie aside and sort it with him.

Now that the Ticketmaster sales are open (assuming you all got your password from TFC today - if you didn't, someone can PM you) it's good to see that this time they've managed to hold back all of 112 to 118!

Here's the link to the Voyageur sales - http://www.thevoyageurs.org/index.php?/page/articles.html/_/articles/world-cup-qualifying-canada-vs-dominica-r19

Archived