WCQ - Dominica at Canada, June 16, 2015 at BMO Field

Cblake

Charlie Trafford is actually a central midfielder unlike his cousin. I think that means you would have to drop one of your midfielders (REB, Tissot or Piette) for Hainault, Henry or James. In that situation I think REB is the odd man out, even after a decent season. But of course we can call a 23 man roster (3 keepers) no?

.... I have actually been confusing the two for months now. Ha

Thanks for pointing that out Keegan, I honestly believed he was pulling his best Vitoria at Estroli impression with all those goals from defense lol

Yes - in that case REB might be the one to not make the cut. I'd bet on Hainault making the squad in that case as well.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.... I have actually been confusing the two for months now. Ha

Thanks for pointing that out Keegan, I honestly believed he was pulling his best Vitoria at Estroli impression with all those goals from defense lol

Yes - in that case REB might be the one to not make the cut. I'd bet on Hainault making the squad in that case as well.

I'd be shocked if REB wasn't called ...

I thought it was going to be announced today ..... could the delay mean they are trying to secure some fence sitters?

Who said that it was going to be announed today noone. The delay isn't about some fence-sitters. I don't see why it would be about them. It would be more probable that a fence sitters backed out than the contrary.

I thought it was going to be announced today ..... could the delay mean they are trying to secure some fence sitters?

I assume that it was always slated for Tuesday. That allows the coaching staff to evaluate if anyone got injured over the weekend and fill any last-minute spots.

Fastforward to the last 5 minutes of todays soccer podcast.

Molinaro has seen the roster. He again states "1 or 2 pleasant suprises" sharman pushes him on hoilett but does not confirm or deny.

http://bit.ly/1FpCwXm

Why not just deny?  Obviously it's not Hoilett so why leave fans in this country hanging on assumptions, it kills the buzz and excitement around the group we have. 

He keeps saying "one or two" surprises. Wtf either they are both surprises or not. Maybe one guy is a massive surprise and makes the other "surprise" looks small.

Watch one of them be dero. That's the massive surprise the other one is Akindele. I hope I'm wrong.

If this is all bullcrap molinaros twitter is gonna blow up! We're too damn fragile!

Would Akindele qualify as a major surprise? Floro called him 99% committed to Canada, he got snubbed for the US friendlies and has been silent as pretty much the entire MLS commentariat has speculated he's about to play for Canada. If anything is a surprise that's not really a surprise, I'd think it's that one.

In all seriousness, players who I consider to be "pleasant surprises" (ones who have never played for us) are:

Hoilett

Akindele

Arfield

Opare

Finlay

Aird

Cavallini (I know he is capped but we all assume he's done)

There's a couple others someone mentioned, one guy on benfica and another on Peterborough that could make the list too

He keeps saying "one or two" surprises. Wtf either they are both surprises or not. Maybe one guy is a massive surprise and makes the other "surprise" looks small.

Watch one of them be dero. That's the massive surprise the other one is Akindele. I hope I'm wrong.

If this is all bullcrap molinaros twitter is gonna blow up! We're too damn fragile!

Ya. That annoys me too. If hes seen the roster(which he claims he has and has been sworn to secrecy) then why the hell is he saying one or two surprises? Is it one or two.

Maybe one is a for sure surprise, like a big deal out of the blue. And the second is a new player we have expected to play for us but hasnt committed.

T minus 18 hours till we know for sure.

Ya. That annoys me too. If hes seen the roster(which he claims he has and has been sworn to secrecy) then why the hell is he saying one or two surprises? Is it one or two.

Maybe one is a for sure surprise, like a big deal out of the blue. And the second is a new player we have expected to play for us but hasnt committed.

T minus 18 hours till we know for sure.

Yeah, I was trying to figure out the "one or two" language as well ... I thought it might mean one for sure (Akindele, say) and one maybe, e.g. Opare if his passport gets worked out in time.  I certainly hope it's someone even "bigger", but I'd be happy with those two already!

Guys, we've down this road before (at least it seems like it) and have we not learned to keep expectations low? Honestly, i could see the half surprise being Will Johnson back from long-term injury. Maybe Akindele as the pleasant surprise....anyways, i am going to brace myself to be disappointed and anything positive will be gravy.

In all seriousness, players who I consider to be "pleasant surprises" (ones who have never played for us) are:

Hoilett

Akindele

Arfield

Opare

Finlay

Aird

Cavallini (I know he is capped but we all assume he's done)

There's a couple others someone mentioned, one guy on benfica and another on Peterborough that could make the list too

Pardon my ignorance but why are we assuming Cavallini is done. I thought I heard something the other day about him being disappointed getting capped for Canada instead of Uruguay but I thought that was just hearsay. Can someone fill me in quickly?

Pardon my ignorance but why are we assuming Cavallini is done. I thought I heard something the other day about him being disappointed getting capped for Canada instead of Uruguay but I thought that was just hearsay. Can someone fill me in quickly?

Not hearsay. Flat out quoted in an article in Spanish and translated by people with an excellent command of the language.

If Floro's standard is you need to be proud and committed to wear the Canadian jersey, he will never be called again.

Not hearsay. Flat out quoted in an article in Spanish and translated by people with an excellent command of the language.

If Floro's standard is you need to be proud and committed to wear the Canadian jersey, he will never be called again.

Sigh.... dammit, I wish I was a superstar who had dual nationalities playing in a quality foreign league so I can just say "YES, I will play for CANADA," and be a damn example to these schmucks!!!!

Archived