WCQ - Dominica at Canada, June 16, 2015 at BMO Field

Cblake

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players report to camp Sunday June 7th in Orlando. 13 days away. Most of the team is probably selected by now.

Roster release will probably be Thursday June 4th(10 days away) in line with the CSA's trend of releasing rosters the Thursday prior to camp.

What's the word on Evan Bush and Canada? Could he potentially play for us? Not a big deal as we have some good keeprs, but Evan Bush is looking incredibly solid and does he not have a Canadian wife/girlfriend?

It would be awesome if Bush could play for Canada. Aside from Milan, we don't have anyone starting at a decent (e.g. D1) level. Bush is probably more likely than our current crop of keepers to hold down a D1 starting job within this next qualification cycle. So IMO we could really use him, if he's eligible. I think after this season he will qualify as per FIFA's 5 seasons policy, at which point it would be just about getting him a passport.

Players report to camp Sunday June 7th in Orlando. 13 days away. Most of the team is probably selected by now.

Roster release will probably be Thursday June 4th(10 days away) in line with the CSA's trend of releasing rosters the Thursday prior to camp.

Actually you should expect the roster at least 5 business days away.  I would expect the roster to be released this Friday.

Luton Town club shop worker Curtis Shaw is dreaming of playing in a World Cup qualifier - for Caribbean nation Dominica.

The 27-year-old midfielder has been working in the Hatters' retail department while playing non-league football and received a shock call up for Dominica's two leg clash with Canada next month.

Shaw will also have to pay his own way if he is to play, as the country are unable to fund European based players.

Luton have already made a contribution and you can add to his fundraising efforts here: http://www.gofundme.com/v865nbs.

http://www.luton-dunstable.co.uk/Luton-Town-Club-shop-worker-called-World-Cup/story-26573377-detail/story.html#ixzz3bEo8wtbT

Luton Town club shop worker Curtis Shaw is dreaming of playing in a World Cup qualifier - for Caribbean nation Dominica.

The 27-year-old midfielder has been working in the Hatters' retail department while playing non-league football and received a shock call up for Dominica's two leg clash with Canada next month.

Shaw will also have to pay his own way if he is to play, as the country are unable to fund European based players.

Luton have already made a contribution and you can add to his fundraising efforts here: http://www.gofundme.com/v865nbs.

http://www.luton-dunstable.co.uk/Luton-Town-Club-shop-worker-called-World-Cup/story-26573377-detail/story.html#ixzz3bEo8wtbT

For all the issues we have to deal with, it's really sad to read that a player has to pay his own way, to play in a World Cup qualifying match. Feel bad for the guy.

For all the issues we have to deal with, it's really sad to read that a player has to pay his own way, to play in a World Cup qualifying match. Feel bad for the guy.

Just goes to show the realities of international football for small nations. 

Recently came across something interesting myself. I play amateur soccer in Calgary and last week we faced a team called Fiji Tauva. Heard a rumour that some of their players are Fiji internationals - so after the game I did a Google search on the first name I found. Lo and behold I came across an interview from 2014, saying this guy was hoping to get selected for the OFC nations cup - and was hoping the coaching staff was monitoring him with the club team he "signed" for in Calgary, Canada. I dug deeper and found out he formerly played for Ba, one of the top professional club teams in Fiji. 

So yeah - another example of that it's like for guys like this. It's quite interesting if you ask me.

Interesting. I have been playing pickup soccer with a guy from Ghana. Recent refugee to Canada. He says he used to play pro in Ghana, training everyday and the like. Here he can't even make the KDSL, Kitchener's amateur team.

He doesn't seem overly skilled in my opinion, and most of us can't believe he played pro.

Interesting. I have been playing pickup soccer with a guy from Ghana. Recent refugee to Canada. He says he used to play pro in Ghana, training everyday and the like. Here he can't even make the KDSL, Kitchener's amateur team.

He doesn't seem overly skilled in my opinion, and most of us can't believe he played pro.

For every 1 that actually played pro I find there are 100 liars and if he doesn't seem up to par it's probably a lie.  You wouldn't believe the amount of BS I've shot down to people's faces over the years.  Had a person try to tell me he played pro in Ivory Coast and it was embarrassing how quickly they got caught up in their lie after a few questions.  

Ironically in connection to Obinna's story I did a quick search of the Ghana national team and a player who was recently called to one of their MNT camps (so obviously not a horrid level) and the Ghanian club he was at seems to have a Fiji international as well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aduana_Stars

Gavin day tweeted that the dominica stadium has wifi and that there may be an online stream. Said he wont know for sure until day of.

Also said he hasnt heard of sportsnet brodcasting the home leg as of now.

Thank god we can watch New Zealand in the U20 World Cup on TSN though

Archived