WCQ - Dominica at Canada, June 16, 2015 at BMO Field

Cblake

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually you should expect the roster at least 5 business days away.  I would expect the roster to be released this Friday.

Hope you're right on today.

I'm eagerly awaiting the roster.

Though I still believe it will be next week.

Hope you're right on today.

I'm eagerly awaiting the roster.

Though I still believe it will be next week.

Yes you're right.  In the past it has been that it is five business days before an official match, not the start of camp.  Definitely makes sense to wait in our case as we have a lot of players playing this weekend.

True?

Sweet as Bro

This will be TSN's first chance to show FIFA events after taking over the rights from CBC. And unlike CBC and their side partner Sportsnet, the prelim TSN schedule shows they're broadcasting most if not all of the group games. But most are between 1-4am ET.

TSN is also showing Canda vs England which normally should fall under Sportsnet's rights. So, like with other rights, is Sportsnet giving up on the CSA because they have all their money with the NHL? Or is it a one off since Sportsnet schedule is tight with NHL, CHL & Jays tonight?

This will be TSN's first chance to show FIFA events after taking over the rights from CBC. And unlike CBC and their side partner Sportsnet, the prelim TSN schedule shows they're broadcasting most if not all of the group games. But most are between 1-4am ET.

TSN is also showing Canda vs England which normally should fall under Sportsnet's rights. So, like with other rights, is Sportsnet giving up on the CSA because they have all their money with the NHL? Or is it a one off since Sportsnet schedule is tight with NHL, CHL & Jays tonight?

Sportsnet probably didn't want to showcase it because it would be just a promotion to the World Cup which TSN has the rights to. Probably sold it to TSN for a cost.

If that is the case, Sportsnet is very myopic. ESPN is showing US send off matches even though FOX has WWC rights. 

It implies Sportsnet doesn't view football as a priority anymore given this, letting go of UEFA Champions League and letting Sportsnet World become a shell of a channel.

My first thought had been Vitoria, but it doesn't look like he's even back training yet for Philly so I'd imagine Gold Cup at the earliest. I could see it being Akindele. His silence in light of Floro's comments had to be defining to USMNT supporters. If Akindele and Larin get calls, I have to imagine Floro isn't bothering with Cavallini at the moment. Hoilett would be nice, but I'm past even thinking about that possibility until he's listed on a roster. I'm gonna guess Aird for the other one, since he's not really been seen to publicly waver from Canada since being named to that U20 camp.

I'm hoping the pleasant surprises will be new players coming into the team, but I'm thinking the wont be the premier league guys (Hoilett, Arfield). I would be happy if it was Akindele and Peterborough United rightback Michael Smith.

Archived