WCQ - Dominica at Canada, June 16, 2015 at BMO Field

Cblake

As per Gerry Dobson's tweet the dates for the home and away series with Dominica to open up Canada's 2018 World Cup qualifying campain have been flipped. Canada is will be traveing to Dominica on June 11th, the same evening as the women are playing their World Cup group stage match in Edmonton vs. New Zealand. The return leg five days later, June 16 will be in Toronto. Going to be a busy two days for Canadian supporters with the Women's World Cup group stage match the night before in Montreal. Going to be fun.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They will be sold at some point.

The sky is blue. 

I am going to relay to you some advice my friends and I gave to a friend of ours who used to say stupid shit back in high school. Before you decide to speak, talk to your brain and ask it if what you're going to say is stupid. "Talk to your brain".

Any early indication if the game in dominica will be on tv? Tsn has the womens world cup right? So sportsnet may be open to picking up a feed and having gerry call it from toronto.

Low cost.

Doubtful unless the CSA does the Youtube thing again. In 2011 the matches in St. Lucia and St. Kitts were definitely not on TV in Canada and the St. Lucia match i think was followed on here via their local radio feed. I can't remember if there was anything from PR.

Doubtful unless the CSA does the Youtube thing again. In 2011 the matches in St. Lucia and St. Kitts were definitely not on TV in Canada and the St. Lucia match i think was followed on here via their local radio feed. I can't remember if there was anything from PR.

I think the away game in PR was on sportsnet. I m pretty sure I saw that game on tv.

If the game is broadcast locally they may have something for the away games on at least the Sportsnet website. I didn't watch during the last cycle until later on so I don't know how they did it early on.

If there's a proper TV broadcast locally Sportsnet will air the feed on an actual channel. Most like Sportsnet One, 360 or World.

If there's a proper TV broadcast locally Sportsnet will air the feed on an actual channel. Most like Sportsnet One, 360 or World.

This. If Sportsnet has to call the game live in Dominica (like it was done against St Kitts), they won't put in on a channel. They could put it on sportsnet.ca, but I don't expect a TV channel, because this thing could fail.

Looking back in the forum, the game in St. Lucia there was a radio stream available, and the St. Kitts game Sportsnet streamed live on their website.

The cool thing about this post-Youtube live world we are in is that it's lowered the barrier for entry.

Seems to me that from now on, if SN/TSN/CBC won't put the resources in, but it's in a place with good internet, then Gavin will do PbP.

No reason not to, 

It's surreal that Manjrekar James will (likely) be playing in the town he was born with a population of just 16k and in his current home city as his first two competitive internationals.  The odds of that are pretty out there.

It's surreal that Manjrekar James will (likely) be playing in the town he was born with a population of just 16k and in his current home city as his first two competitive internationals.  The odds of that are pretty out there.

Wow he was born in Dominica. Never knew that. He'll be playing against his birth country. Lots of feels. 

Love the thread bumps, I always think something's going down.

I'll add something to the thread. Having the second game here will mean a better performance as opposed to if we played here first. Remember in 2011 vs st Lucia? We came out full throttle and 10 mins in it was 1-1. We will go down there, get our feet wet knowing that the second game is at bmo on the excellent surface.

My prediction: 6-0.

Id say occean will be selected and score but I believe this will be the last game of his suspension.

Love the thread bumps, I always think something's going down.

I'll add something to the thread. Having the second game here will mean a better performance as opposed to if we played here first. Remember in 2011 vs st Lucia? We came out full throttle and 10 mins in it was 1-1. We will go down there, get our feet wet knowing that the second game is at bmo on the excellent surface.

My prediction: 6-0.

Id say occean will be selected and score but I believe this will be the last game of his suspension.

That would depend on how far we get in the Gold Cup, wouldn't it?

Archived