Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

3 hours ago, jordan said:

If someone could translate 

"I feel really good, I'm anxious to play... For me, its just to score goals and I'll be fine... I'm here to show what I've been doing at previous clubs... I come to this club to do my thing, and my thing is to score goals and to contribute with this club."

• 2 weeks later...

Cavallini played his first minutes with Puebla in a 0-0 draw against Cruz Azul. He came in around the 65th minute and played an honest 30 minutes. Very similar play fro what we saw from him at the Gold Cup, he held the ball well which helped his team releave the pressure from "La Maquina" to get the draw, and he made some good runs in the box to open some opportunities when they went forward. Puebla threw everything they had at Cruz Azul, and they dont have much, it'll be tough for Cavallini to get some good service as Pueblas quality is extremely poor in the final third.

Edited by Shakmur

Not sure if anyone picked up on this;

Cavallini played 45 minutes on Wednesday in a 2-0 loss vs Atlante in Copa MX 

(His team we're already down two-nil at Halftime)

slowly gaining Puebla's coaching staff trust and confidence 

Back to league play this Saturday against Necaxa 

hopefully he can continue to get subbed on and earn his way into the starting eleven 

¡he's getting minutes baby!

11 hours ago, Shakmur said:

Cavallini is indeed starting the game, and he's just scored! His first with Puebla, around the 22nd minute, 1-0 Puebla. He received a cross in the box on a counter attack, he was left alone and just needed to turn and shoot it in.

Thanks for the heads up. He was subbed out m. 64, Nexaca scored after, it ended 1-1.

On 2017-09-18 at 1:44 AM, Mike Thompson said:

I really hope Zambrano calls him up for the Friendly vs El Salvador in Houstoun! Now, He has no choice but to start Cavallini up front :)

Larin, Ricketts and AJH are all hot too.. gonna be a tough call for OZ.  I feel like based on CMNT play it's gotta be AJH, even when he performs he seems to get screwed for minutes.. he's been our top striker but has only played more than a half one time for Canada.

The thing is... even though Ricketts, Cavalinni, Jackson and Larin seem to be playing well and they would be great to select for CMNT, they all play a very similar role. If we are going to have 2 guys up front, I think it would be nice to have a "Radzinski" type striker there as a partner. Maybe Hoilett? 

If I were to choose out of the 4 though, I think Cavalinni and Jackson right now. I think they are probably the most technical of the bunch and seem to have so much confidence at the moment. Also, I think Cavalinni has developed a more attacking role over the last few years where he was pretty much a a target guy in the past. Maybe he is the Radzinski?

1 hour ago, hodgkiss said:

The thing is... even though Ricketts, Cavalinni, Jackson and Larin seem to be playing well and they would be great to select for CMNT, they all play a very similar role. If we are going to have 2 guys up front, I think it would be nice to have a "Radzinski" type striker there as a partner. Maybe Hoilett? 

If I were to choose out of the 4 though, I think Cavalinni and Jackson right now. I think they are probably the most technical of the bunch and seem to have so much confidence at the moment. Also, I think Cavalinni has developed a more attacking role over the last few years where he was pretty much a a target guy in the past. Maybe he is the Radzinski?

Ricketts plays a much different role as them. He is more of the pacy forward who compliments the target striker, which is why he performs much better with Altidore compared to Giovinco