Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

14 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Maxi Rodriguéz is an attacking mid and always has been, he was never, ever, a striker. Different positions.

Lucas was more of a sub than a starter for them, in fact. At no point did he have the slot locked up. Then he had passport issues and could not travel for Libertadores games at first, which took him out of rotation. I think he is in the exact spot as before, with one less striker on the roster.

a 4 game suspension kept him out of Libertadores.

1 hour ago, jordan said:

a 4 game suspension kept him out of Libertadores.

Thanks, forgot about that. It clearly did not help his chances at the start of this stint with Peñarol. 

BTW, I was seeing they do not only play an Apertura and a Clausura, but an Intermedio in Uruguay, sometimes I can't get my head around these league systems. 

30 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I was seeing they do not only play an Apertura and a Clausura, but an Intermedio in Uruguay, sometimes I can't get my head around these league systems. 

Seriously what the hell is that league structure!?! An Apertua and Clasusura with a month long round robin tournament in between. Three different tables with three different winners that are added together into a Champion table to determine a winner or a final match if the top team didn't win one of the first three titles. Then a whole separate table for relegation that takes the average PPG of the teams in all three competitions plus the Cup competitions for the last 2 seasons, with a partial grace period for promoted teams.

And people say MLS is hard to follow.

1 hour ago, Blackjack15 said:

Is anyone else worried that Cavallini won't accept any more call ups after going score less at the Gold Cup and losing in the QFS.  

No. I'm worried he won't accept another call because Larin walked onto the starting 11

8 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

Seriously what the hell is that league structure!?! An Apertua and Clasusura with a month long round robin tournament in between. Three different tables with three different winners that are added together into a Champion table to determine a winner or a final match if the top team didn't win one of the first three titles. Then a whole separate table for relegation that takes the average PPG of the teams in all three competitions plus the Cup competitions for the last 2 seasons, with a partial grace period for promoted teams.

And people say MLS is hard to follow.

Yup the only thing I would try to do is get a proper balanced schedule in MLS, one home one away against every team and hopefully in time the supporters shield will mean just as much as winning the MLS playoff Cup for fans in North America, but ya looking at the structures of some of these leagues at times it seems chaotic.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Obinna said:

Probably the stepping stone he needs to get into Europe. Plus the other points made already regarding better league quality, closer to home, altitude etc. I like it.

TBH I dont really think Cavallini will make a jump to europe, he seems like those player who will make a career out of Mexican, argentinian, brazilian, colombian leagues etc

1 hour ago, Ivanovski94 said:

TBH I dont really think Cavallini will make a jump to europe, he seems like those player who will make a career out of Mexican, argentinian, brazilian, colombian leagues etc

agreed. that move would get him closer I think, but I still have my doubts he'll be able to achieve it. hope he surprises me!

When you look at that tweet and all of the responses the Peñarol fans seem to be happy for him to leave. I saw on reddit a response from a Peñarol fan who said he should have stayed in Canada. One tweet response even calls him a traitor? Seems a move might be best for his career.