The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

Mid to high calibre ligue 1 club would be a good move IMO

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

We aren't talking about Bordeaux in Ligue 1 here I think. It's just the translating software. Still Turkey.

Yeah the article is talking about Trabzonspor, I think it got confused by whatever word "claret" is in Turkish. Trabzonspor have the same colour scheme as Burnley.

7 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

It is the last day of the transfer window in England. Does this only affect players with a contract, so doesn't apply to Hoilett? Can teams add players that are out of contract outside this window?

He is essentially a free agent so can sign anytime for any team as far as I know, the transfer deadline is just that, for transfer of players under contract!

On August 24, 2016 at 9:27 AM, dyslexic nam said:

If he sees these games as an opportunity to put himself in the shop window for transfers, we could benefit.  A hungry, motivated Junior could be an important factor.  

Don't think it was lack of effort, but he was as poor as I've ever seen him. 

This is what happens when you rely on so many players who aren't even playing club football

5 hours ago, Coramoor said:

Hoilett was class tonight, hopefully that game will get him a contract in the realm of what he wants

Yeah, he was very good.

He has generally been strong for us. He was terrible at Honduras but those were very challenging circumstances for him. In hindsight it would have been best to use him as a sub

1 hour ago, gator said:

Agree he had a good match, I wouldn't be too concerned about his financial well being however, he took millions of dollars from QPR over 4 years with very little return!

I don't think we care much about his money exactly, just his playing time.  It would help other fence sitters make the right choice, if in some tangential way his Nat work helps him careerwise.