The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

Before anyone gets too excited please take note that most of those goals, and there were some fine ones, were scored in a Blackburn Rovers shirt four years ago and longer! There was lots of excitement around W12 when QPR signed this guy and rightly so, he was a rising star (possibly a future England call up) it just never worked out and he's at the point where he can't get in to the match day 18 in a mid table Championship side! There were lots of near misses and bars hit but I can only remember a handful of goals at Rangers, not what we were expecting, yes he dribbles but every fullback in the EPL figured out his one move he repeated! Does this mean he won't be any good for our National Team, of course not, maybe this is the chance he needs, I have my reservations however!

If a bench player for QPR can play for Brazil a bench player for QPR can play for Canada... 

Let's not act like Hoilett isn't playing because he simply isn't good.  QPR is in the Championship and is trying to freeze him out just as they did with Julio Cesar.  I don't think a loan back to MLS for the second half of the year is out of question in this case either.

Could it be that Hoilett was holding out all this time because he knew he was in for a pay day with QPR and they didn't want him playing internationally?  Really that does seem logical.  And now that QPR is freezing him out he doesn't care anymore and he's coming to play with us.  

If a bench player for QPR can play for Brazil a bench player for QPR can play for Canada... 

Let's not act like Hoilett isn't playing because he simply isn't good.  QPR is in the Championship and is trying to freeze him out just as they did with Julio Cesar.  I don't think a loan back to MLS for the second half of the year is out of question in this case either.

Could it be that Hoilett was holding out all this time because he knew he was in for a pay day with QPR and they didn't want him playing internationally?  Really that does seem logical.  And now that QPR is freezing him out he doesn't care anymore and he's coming to play with us.  

In all due respect Keegan, neither player was or is being "frozen out", if Hoilett had ample opportunities under different managers and has just failed, that's about the end of it! Believe me with 2 key injuries to forwards atm if he was showing anything he would be getting a chance, it would also showcase him for a loan move, there is absolutely no benefit to have a high priced player not involved in the set up if he has something to offer! I am really looking forward to see if he has anything to offer to our National Team!

Yes there is a benefit to having a high-priced player not involved, he wants to move.  If he's involved and he's being told he can leave for less wages he has ZERO incentive.. why would he take a pay cut, why would anyone?  Look, QPR had him available on a free and no one took him.. why is that?  Because he would need to take a pay cut and if he isn't playing AT ALL chances are he would be more willing to move.  A player who just couldn't make QPR's bench would not be linked to Schalke.. if his wages were reasonable he would have been gone in a heartbeat in August but he's not going to take a pay cut and QPR isn't going to pay half of his deal, they want the whole deal gone.  

As was the case with Julio Cesar who was available on a free in January and no one touched him until MLS/MLSE decided he would be a nice commercial for the league in the build up to the World Cup.  You can't honestly believe that Robert Green is a better keeper than Julio Cesar... one is playing for QPR in the Championship the other plays for Benfica in the Champions League, started for Brazil in 2014 and just won GK of the year in Portugal... just because the wheeler and dealer 'Arry said that he preferred Green doesn't make it true.  It's a business.  Neither Hoilett or Julio Cesar would make a difference in QPR getting promoted and they make a ton of money so they need(ed) to go.  

Edited by Keegan

So within days of the roster release and a few commitments from long standing hold outs we have articles linking both koffie and Camara to CMNT. 

I guess Camara isn't really a surprise but koffie potentially being granted early citizenship and vic working to get an exemption made for him does come as a surprise. 

Looks like a domino effect may be taking place here. 

So within days of the roster release and a few commitments from long standing hold outs we have articles linking both koffie and Camara to CMNT.

I guess Camara isn't really a surprise but koffie potentially being granted early citizenship and vic working to get an exemption made for him does come as a surprise.

Arfield would be the icing on the cake.

Do you have a link to the Koffie article?

Arfield would be the icing on the cake.

Any of the remaining guys: afield,  cristiante etc would all be good. I want to see how this country would respond to being in the hex and the deeper our pool is the better chance it happens. 

Where is the Camara article?

Thiago Motta played in an official senior team match (recognized by FIFA) with Brazil in the 2003 Gold Cup. At the time he was 21. Thiagos grandfather is from Italy, and after 8 years from his Brazil appearances he was called up to play for Italy, while playing in Italy, and FIFA approved. 

Gershon Koffie played in a official youth team match (also recognized by FIFA) with Ghana U-20 at the 2011 African Youth Championships. At the time he was 19. Considering Gershon was already playing in Canada (however not eligible at the time) at the time of his U-20 call up, and has been here since 2010. I would be shocked if Vic doesn't get him this exception. So IMO the Thiago example is a good one to compare.

Edited by Jahinho Guerro

Thiago Motta played in an official senior team match (recognized by FIFA) with Brazil in the 2003 Gold Cup. At the time he was 21. Thiagos grandfather is from Italy, and after 8 years from his Brazil appearances he was called up to play for Italy, while playing in Italy, and FIFA approved. 

Gershon Koffie played in a official youth team match (also recognized by FIFA) with Ghana U-20 at the 2011 African Youth Championships. At the time he was 19. Considering Gershon was already playing in Canada (however not eligible at the time) at the time of his U-20 call up, and has been here since 2010. I would be shocked if Vic doesn't get him this exception. So IMO the Thiago example is a good one to compare.

Except it's one that's consistent with the rules, while the Koffie situation is one that isn't

Except it's one that's consistent with the rules, while the Koffie situation is one that isn't

How? Thiago's was a senior team game, and Gerhsons was a youth game. 

I get the whole he was always eligible (Motta), or he was never eligible to play (Koffie), the exception is not with that. 

To me the exception is that is granted or ignored is that he already played in a competitive tournament for the senior side regardless of previous eligibility. 

How? Thiago's was a senior team game, and Gerhsons was a youth game. 

I get the whole he was always eligible (Motta), or he was never eligible to play (Koffie), the exception is not with that. 

To me the exception is that is granted or ignored is that he already played in a competitive tournament for the senior side regardless of previous eligibility. 

Brazil was invited to the 2003 Gold Cup, it wasn't an official match for them. It doesn't count