The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

19 hours ago, gator said:

Today's QPR cup match shows how much he has turned his game around, the manager used fringe and younger players (Petrasso subbed in) and Hoilett was rested for Tuesday's important league match where I am fairly certain he will start!

QPR seems to play every game incredibly tight, low goal scoring, so I think anything Junior can scratch out of that system is to his credit. Just saying it is not the kind of team you have to score for as an attacker to be valued.

7 hours ago, 1zzurri said:

oo I thought we were just saying random nothings to extend this thread. Is that not happening anymore lol?

Well played! I personally wouldn't mind if QPR did sell Matty Phillips and replaced him with Petrasso on the wing opposite Hoilett for the rest of the season, I don't think that will happen though!

I have been tuning in to QPR games recently to check out Hoilett and man, Matt Phillips is very effective. Those would be big shoes to fill for Petrasso and I don't know why QPR wouldn't hold on to him if they could. They are not a selling club.

You being a fan of the club, well you likely have much more data to go on, but is it just me or is Matt Phillips really good? 

Also, you said you don't think Petrasso would replace him in the event of a transfer, but how far do you think Petrasso is from getting real minutes from someone like Matt Phillips?

2 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

I'm sure that Petrasso is also behind Massimo Luongo in the Leroy Fer in the pecking order. They both prefer to play more centrally, rather than on the wing, but still...

Having watched lip go when on loan at Ipswich, he isn't the type of player who can play on the wing. But hasselbaink did play Karl Henry out there so who knows!

Phillips is absolute quality, never looked out of place in the Premiership and I think mid table teams with ambition should be looking at him

6 hours ago, Obinna said:

I have been tuning in to QPR games recently to check out Hoilett and man, Matt Phillips is very effective. Those would be big shoes to fill for Petrasso and I don't know why QPR wouldn't hold on to him if they could. They are not a selling club.

You being a fan of the club, well you likely have much more data to go on, but is it just me or is Matt Phillips really good? 

Also, you said you don't think Petrasso would replace him in the event of a transfer, but how far do you think Petrasso is from getting real minutes from someone like Matt Phillips?

Phillips is quality but has been inconsistent like most of the team hence the poor table position, I think there is some genuine interest for him from some EPL clubs, he almost went to WBA last window apparently and now with QPR being nowhere near a play off position the club may be more willing to sell him! Back to Petrasso, he is really the only other true winger besides Hoilett atm if Phillips goes so I figure he would be in for some more playing time if JFH needs the wide option!

1 hour ago, canta15 said:

So does he still want to leave QPR and are they still unwilling to extend his large contract?

It's tough to know whether he is going to move, he is out of contract at the end of the season, I can't see anyone paying a transfer fee for him now and if he stays at QPR beyond this season it will certainly be on reduced wages! He is playing the best football at the club since his arrival, I think it is more likely Phillips moves in this window which would make it almost mandatory to keep Hoilett and as I said in another thread, Petrasso is likely to benefit from that move! I guess that really doesn't answer your question though! :)

It's doubtful Q.P.R. will get promoted this year. There is no doubt Hoilett would jump at a move to the premiership or top league,  but he didn't get much interest in the summer and his stock has fallen further. There was  talk of a move to Germany which could still be on but id wager he will be thankful of the minutes he is getting and renewed form. Continuing that over the next few months could get him a better move come the summer. 

• 4 weeks later...

Small JH tidbit from Neil Warnock:

Warnock’s last job before he took over at AESSEAL New York Stadium was at QPR and the 67-year-old said: “When I went there, I was told that Junior Hoilett had been bombed out and was no good.

“The first day I was there, I told him I had tried to sign him three times and that he was in my plans. He’s their best player now.”

Read more: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united/rotherham-united-fresh-millers-start-for-halford-under-warnock-1-7733424#ixzz40LlTebDk

• 1 month later...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/16/jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-makes-honest-admission-about-junior-hoil/

Thoughts on his contract situation. Article mentions his recent form - 5 goals in 14 games. I knew he was playing well but that's a very impressive strike rate for a winger that was considered done at QPR just a year ago.

Edited by Obinna

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/16/jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-makes-honest-admission-about-junior-hoil/

Thoughts on his contract situation. Article mentions his recent form - 5 goals in 14 games. I knew he was playing well but that's a very impressive strike rate for a winger that was considered done at QPR just a year ago.

With some key departures from the new year, he has really stepped up his game at a right time for not only his career but Canada as well. 

Edited by Jahinho Guerro

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/3/2016 at 10:07 PM, canta15 said:

Is Jr still stuck in the hole? Lots of transfer rumours but still no club for him.

It's one thing if Marcus Haber is without a club, another thing entirely if Jr Hoilett is. We can't have one of our best players playing for Unattached FC less than a month before a crucial WCQ. Anybody know if he's keeping match fit?