The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

Yes, giving new ammunition for this stupid thread.

Whats up your ass? Floro made a comment about hoilett in a presser. I posted that comment in the relevant thread dedicated to the player still eligible for the canMNT.

If you dont like the thread dont open it. Simple

To reiterate that it's still stupid to have this thread going.

Ya. You're posts are rivaling the "stupidity" of this thread. Informed posters on this board can make the decision themselves on whether they think this thread is stupid. They dont need you telling them what and how to thinnk.

Should have shut the akindele thread when he showed up for the usmnt camp. O wait... Lets close the cavillani finlay occean bernier aird thread as well. Heck lets close the will johnson and milan borjan thread.

Nobody is saying hes any closer to playing for us. Its simply a thread to discuss a cdn eligible player who was born in canada. If he commits to another country, then by all means shut the thread.

Edited by king1010

What's with all the fascists trying to impose their will on what others post lately?

I don't mind this update personally.  At this point I find people taking a random *yet* as hope quite awesome.  I'm gonna try.  We haven't won the World Cup *yet*

What's notable here is that Floro was not answering a question about Hoilett. He was making a general statement about the Canadian player pool and brought up Hoilett's name all on his own.

It's also worth noting that the phrase quoted by Rollins was spoken by Floro's translator (I don't speak Spanish so I don't know the original wording), and that there was no special emphasis given to the word "yet" when the translator said it.

• 1 month later...

It's a good time for a change for him as he didn't play much last year and hasn't even appeared in the league yet this year. There should be League One sides interested also. But the question is at what cost is he willing to leave because no one will offer him his current wage so he could just stay until the end of the season if he's not happy with the offers.

Think he would come to the MLS or switch to another European league before dropping to League One. That is a real fall from grace. His next move will likely be an indicator of his ambition and if he would ever actually want to turn out for Canada at somepoint. His move to QPR was misguided and looked like a purely financial decision. Lets hope he was just advised badly and he can get back on track somewhere.