The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

He won't go anywhere unless QPR continue to pay his full wage, he will do a Sean Wright-Phillips and collect his money until he's out of contract next spring! He is so far down the depth chart at QPR it would take a massive amount of injuries before he ever sees the pitch for the club again, he would be of little use to our National Team now IMHO!

He won't go anywhere unless QPR continue to pay his full wage, he will do a Sean Wright-Phillips and collect his money until he's out of contract next spring! He is so far down the depth chart at QPR it would take a massive amount of injuries before he ever sees the pitch for the club again, he would be of little use to our National Team now IMHO!

And we know Bekker would start ahead of him anyway...

This is ridiculous. He is just saying to support the players who are called up and happily accept. If those players are "mediocre" than we don't really have any choice now do we? 

Umm...maybe I misunderstood the transcript, but my understanding was his comment was based on people slagging on Bekker.

In everything Canadians do except for hockey were always willing to accept anybody who's willing to go out there and try their best and fun as long as their representing the red and white.

That particular mediocre player, I choose not to support because why.....he has not deserved to be on this squad, and as long as we are okay with this kind of player or willing to support....we will continue to exit the the Gold Cup in the group stage, and will never see the hex.

Umm...maybe I misunderstood the transcript, but my understanding was his comment was based on people slagging on Bekker.

In everything Canadians do except for hockey were always willing to accept anybody who's willing to go out there and try their best and fun as long as their representing the red and white.

That particular mediocre player, I choose not to support because why.....he has not deserved to be on this squad, and as long as we are okay with this kind of player or willing to support....we will continue to exit the the Gold Cup in the group stage, and will never see the hex.

My point was that Hoilett is not what many on here are hoping and Bekker is not as poor as some of you think and Hoilett has chosen not to represent his country while Bekker has! You seem very sure that Hoilett would help the team, how much have you seen him play lately? He got subbed off to a chorus of boos against a makeshift League Two side last week in what may have been his last chance to impress, QPR fans and management have had enough of this underachiever, all of that great potential from 4 years ago is gone with the big fat contract he signed!

The booes vs that makeshift league two game were quite funny. Can't blame QPR fans one bit, incredibly underperformed. Do you guys remember when he was going to play for England?   Honestly, I could see him joining Jamaica, after their Gold Cup run. Jamaica has more meaningful games on the schedule next year, giving him a chance at playing time and exposure at an attempt to revive his career. Problem is, based on his current form over the last few years, he will probably ride the bench for Jamaica also, but hey, at least he got paid. 

We may also have some meaningful games next year. Squizz has said a couple times in the past week that somehow we still may get into Copa 2016. No other details about that but that would add another few meaningful matches to our schedule next summer.

My point was that Hoilett is not what many on here are hoping and Bekker is not as poor as some of you think and Hoilett has chosen not to represent his country while Bekker has! You seem very sure that Hoilett would help the team, how much have you seen him play lately? He got subbed off to a chorus of boos against a makeshift League Two side last week in what may have been his last chance to impress, QPR fans and management have had enough of this underachiever, all of that great potential from 4 years ago is gone with the big fat contract he signed!

His career is really going down the Hoilett.

We may also have some meaningful games next year. Squizz has said a couple times in the past week that somehow we still may get into Copa 2016. No other details about that but that would add another few meaningful matches to our schedule next summer.

Where has he said this?  Twitter I presume but I don't use it

I think we are going to see Hoilett commit to an international team shortly purely for career reasons.  He needs an opportunity to play and getting in some international match action would be beneficial for his pro career.  I expect he'll probably look at Canada and Jamaica and determine which team will be better for his career (style of play/formation that works to his advantage, where he fits in depth chart, opportunity to play high profile matches).  The decision will be completely mercenary on his part, and if his career is resurrected, he may not accept call ups in the future.

Supposedly he has leaned to Canada before but his dad has some beef with the CSA and prefers Jamaica.  Not sure if that will factor in or not, but I could see that his situation may help with the supposed dad situation.  It may turn into - Dad doesn't like the CSA but Canada is a better career choice for me and he understands that so I'll pick Canada.

Jason

He's going to commit shortly? I'm inclined to say "too late, bud". 

The moment to join up was sometime within the past year. Now, we're a couple months away from the critical stages of WCQ. If you think you're gonna jump onboard now...well, that's a tough pill to swallow for everyone who has been pleading for you to man up.

yeah, yeah we're in no position to turn anyone away, blah, blah, blah....