The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

Wouldn't be surprised to see him for which ever team makes the Hex. If both teams make it he'll wait to see if one qualifies for the WC. If neither make the hex, he won't decide till the next cycle. 

He may decide to commit to us if we qualify for the 2016 copa. Jamaica has already qualified though....

Seems like that kinda guy. 

The thought that he will join whichever team makes the hex was there last cycle. He didn't play for Jamaica. Then there was a rumour this past winter about him playing for us at the gold cup. Id be surprised about that now as you would think he would have made up his mind of he was playing this July.

Hoilett would be a nice addition but his form over the past few seasons has been abysmal by all accounts. He can't seem buy a start for relegation threatened QPR and never made a big impact for them during that promotion run of theirs. The days of him scoring highlight reel goals for Blackburn in the EPL are a fading memory - and as long as that Hoilett is dead and gone I don't think we can expect much production from him regardless of which nation he suits up for.

Personally, I think he needs to man up and grow a pair and make a decision for himself and nobody else.

Edited by Obinna

I don't think it's whoever makes the Hex, but whoever qualifies for the WC. The only way he'll join during the Hex is after a few games if it's looking like a sure thing for one of the teams. We can/will argue about whether we want him at that point.

Anyone on the fence that's waiting can go ahead and pull a Humpty Dumpty for all I care.  If you don't help us GET there, you shouldn't be in the conversation for BEING there.  That's my opinion.  Slap in the face to the player that ends up getting cut for him to waltz in.  

You know what sorry but I have to put it this way, look buddy I have had enough of you either get off your ass and play for Canada or just go away and don't come back. This is your last chance, be there versus Dominica or forget about it, you have had enough time to decide, the country that gave your parents an opportunity to come here and make a life for themselves can no longer wait, make a bloody decision now or just go away and stay away, enough is enough I've had enough of this crap from this guy and the other fence sitters like him!

It's ultimately his decision to play international football if and when he chooses.  It's his life and his career.  If he is ready to show up and contribute at any time he is welcome, but he is going to be heavily scrutinized so he better bring it and show he's committed.  That's my realistic stance on the situation.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe this guy doesn't take more heat from his club and anyone with an interest in his career to get out there and play some international footy. It could only help his game. What does he have to lose?

Epl clubs would rather have players not play international football than play for canada.

They have injury to lose. Being away from team training. Fatigue. If he played int'l for a major european country it would be a diff story.

Edited by king1010

I can't believe this guy doesn't take more heat from his club and anyone with an interest in his career to get out there and play some international footy. It could only help his game. What does he have to lose?

Who cares? It's not like Hoilett's lighting it up and it's been a 3 or 4 year drawn out, over dramatic dance. I honestly don't think that he makes a difference anymore.

Which winger would he definitely replace? Arfield? FInlay? Teibert?

He might beat one of those guys out. But it's not a sure thing.

Not sure what you're talking about. Arfield is a very, very long shot, virtually no chance of happening. Finlay is a long shot. Hoilett would be competing with REB, Ricketts, Jackson, Ouimette and Osorio for the outside positions. And Akindele is he commits. I don't see Hoilett playing inside or up top alone.

Speaking of Teibert - I hope he plays in the centre of midfield for us like he does with the caps. Doesn't have the pace to take guys on out wide and his ability to play in tight spaces and keep possession is wasted on the flank.

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Which winger would he definitely replace? Arfield? FInlay? Teibert?

He might beat one of those guys out. But it's not a sure thing.

This sounds like a FIFA 2015 squad that you got too used to, or something.  There is no Arfield, there is no Finlay.

There is no Arfield. Only Zuul.

Call up/Captie Ray Stantz!

On a more serious note, One American seems to only write about guys who *could* but won't *now* play for Canada. I just ignore what he writes, because he seems clueless about our team.